is there a reward

green4orest

500 is really nothing. I can get twice that in one weekend. And why do you think you should get a reward? I don't get a reward for playing video games, building a model, flying an RC plane... We do this for fun.

Well, too bad everyone isn't as wonderful as you!

Why put down a relatively new cacher unless you think it is a troll post.

500 is really nothing. I can get twice that in one weekend. And why do you think you should get a reward? I don't get a reward for playing video games, building a model, flying an RC plane... We do this for fun.

Well, too bad everyone isn't as wonderful as you!

Why put down a relatively new cacher unless you think it is a troll post.

Agreed. It took me over a year to hit 500. Life gets in the way, ya know...kids, work, errands, lack of money, etc...

I suspect TDM was kind of baiting a potential troll, but I would agree that it can be very difficult to get one's numbers up unless one has a lot of time to devote to this activity. I don't agree that one ought to feel the need for any sort of reward or recognition. I get enough reward just being able to accomplish as much as I do with what little free time I have for it. I'm a little disappointed I won't be able to hit 1000 before the two-year anniversary of my first find...but 850 (give or take a dozen) will be respectable enough!

I wish I had that kind of time. I am contractor for the southern tier of NY and northern tier PA. My job takes me all over. This is my only advantage I have. So if I'm lucky maybe 6- 10 a week. My wife has me feeling like I'm an addict. Most of you folks must be retired or something, I just don't see how it's posable to get that many in one day.

Being able to travel all over your area gives you the flexibility to find caches in your spare time there, such as an airline pilot during a layover.

That doesn't necessarily translate into a lot of finds though. Traveling a lot gives you the opportunity to find caches in many different places, but many of those places may not have a lot of caches available to be found.

I once tried to do 7 caches in .7 miles, my first 'power trail'. After three of them I just drove away. Three was my limit for that sort of caching. Perhaps that is why I still have less than 500 found after 6 years.

I want a reward for refusing to find a lot of caches.

Though really, if I had the time and family support, I would have a lot more found, just not any that fall along a road and are .1 miles apart.