http://stateofwilderness.com/2011/01/04/100-oldest-active-geocaches/

20. GC18, 7/2/2000 Colorado, Tarryall by Mike Frazier

21. GC40, 7/7/2000 Belgium, Geocache by Pierre Cao

22. GC35, 7/16/2000 Michigan, Power Island by Kluso

23. GC20, 7/17/2000 Georgia, Marooned

24. GC19, 7/20/2000 Colorado, Geocache by Rob Garrison

25. GC17, 7/21/2000 Oregon, Geocache by Jerry Connelly

26. GC23, 7/21/2000 Hawaii, Geocache by Tim Billings

Oddly, that list is missing GC184 State Game Lands #109 hidden 09/21/2000.

And my find on a June 2000 hide: GCBBA Geocache--Canada's 1st geocache

Edited by Harry Dolphin

http://stateofwilderness.com/2011/01/04/100-oldest-active-geocaches/

20. GC18, 7/2/2000 Colorado, Tarryall by Mike Frazier

21. GC40, 7/7/2000 Belgium, Geocache by Pierre Cao

22. GC35, 7/16/2000 Michigan, Power Island by Kluso

23. GC20, 7/17/2000 Georgia, Marooned

24. GC19, 7/20/2000 Colorado, Geocache by Rob Garrison

25. GC17, 7/21/2000 Oregon, Geocache by Jerry Connelly

26. GC23, 7/21/2000 Hawaii, Geocache by Tim Billings

Hmmm why would a July 2000 list have a June or September 2000 hide on it? lol.

GC184 was posted Jan 17 or 18, 2001, which makes it not one of the 100 oldest

GCBBA was posted Jun 2001, not June 2000. It replaces GC41 (fairly confusing)

The 98 of 100 oldest have 4 digit codes. 99 and 100 have "early" 5 digit, GC101 and GC103.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

If you can get out to Oregon, I highly recommend GC17. It is close to the original stash and another oldie GC12. At this time of the year, it probably will not be available again until May or June due to snow and most people do it in conjunction with a trip to the lilypad in Seattle for a blockparty in the summer. The hike is nice with wonderful views of Mt Hood.

Am sure there are other lists, but I created a list of all 2000 caches, whether active or archived

http://www.geocachin...66-3b45890a601e

Its sorted by date and references a few other data points in the bookmark page too.

Nice list. Another possible interesting data point to add is that the Lane Cove cache was originally a traditional and converted to a virtual cache. The last find of the physical cache was dated after the Rift Valley virtual cache was published, making RIft Valley the oldest virtual cache in the world. There is a good chance that I will be in Kenya early next year but I would still be about 105 miles from the Rift Valley cache. It looks like the last legitimate find was in 2011 and there are several found it logs after that from people that got "close".

Am sure there are other lists, but I created a list of all 2000 caches, whether active or archived

http://www.geocachin...66-3b45890a601e

Its sorted by date and references a few other data points in the bookmark page too.

Nice list. Another possible interesting data point to add is that the Lane Cove cache was originally a traditional and converted to a virtual cache. The last find of the physical cache was dated after the Rift Valley virtual cache was published, making RIft Valley the oldest virtual cache in the world. There is a good chance that I will be in Kenya early next year but I would still be about 105 miles from the Rift Valley cache. It looks like the last legitimate find was in 2011 and there are several found it logs after that from people that got "close".

You are correct sir, those would be interesting data points but I think I will leave that to oldest lists by type or virtual lists as far as figuring out the conversion dates. However, I will add a note this cache in question was converted to a virtual at some point.

If you can get out to Oregon, I highly recommend GC17. It is close to the original stash and another oldie GC12. At this time of the year, it probably will not be available again until May or June due to snow and most people do it in conjunction with a trip to the lilypad in Seattle for a blockparty in the summer. The hike is nice with wonderful views of Mt Hood.

Just a note on GC17 - It has the greatest man-made bench in the history of mankind ever once you get there. You have to go there to understand it.

Just a note on GC17 - It has the greatest man-made bench in the history of mankind ever once you get there. You have to go there to understand it.

We'll be going by there in a couple weeks. Wish that we could do this cache, but it's not a good time of year.

'''

Do not get us Canadian upset

The owner says the listing and name was changed but it is the same cache

This cache was originaly named GC41 but was relisted as GCBBA when caches were taken out of the (GC.com) site admin account and given to individuals.

'''

The owner says the listing and name was changed but it is the same cache

This cache was originaly named GC41 but was relisted as GCBBA when caches were taken out of the (GC.com) site admin account and given to individuals.

Hrm, I did not have GC41 in my bookmark list, seems caches like this are just one example why its hard to know what a 2000 bookmark list constitutes. That GC41 cache had finds through June 2001. Will keep both in my bookmark list to help preserve Canada - USA relations.

Or what? :ph34r:

We will take back Justin Beiber

There will be no more Canadian bacon

We will take back all our Tim Horton coffee shops in Michigan, New York, Ohio and Kentucky.

We will have the Bare Naked Ladies remove their theme song from Big Bang Theory

Or what? :ph34r:

We will take back Justin Beiber

It seems we aren't doing a good enough job of upsetting Canadians 'cause that dude is still around.

I think Ma & Pa got it wrong. As retaliation, they will leave Justin Bieber in the US of A!

Seth Rogen is really starting to annoy me, by the way. Take him too.

I honestly knew there was a GC number issue with Canada's first cache, but I never knew what it was, so thanks for explaining that.