Walks of Fame?

This week I made couple of pictures of the Walk of Fame in front of local theatre in Bratislava downtown.

I was pretty sure, that something like this must have its own category. But it does not. It may fit to Citizen Memorial, maybe ... but I wonder, what would be your opinion about Walks of Fame?

4ihyrNU.jpg

Global - Looks like most are in the US

Prevalence - 40 listed on Wiki

Interesting - Subjective

Redundant - I don't know how many of these locations have been waymaked into other categories.

I see a possible issue with location - There are 2,400 stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. What would be the location to use?

The Hollywood Walk of Fame exists in Wikipedia Entries

Wiki lists the following 40 Walks of Fame:

Whether or not it would be a good category - I don't know.

I am not sure, if this could be a potential category. We need to know more about potential locations, but currently I lean on the Yea side.

What I know is, that the greatest weakness of Wikipedia are the lists, you can never trust them. Especially in the English language version, the are compiled very sloppy and usually tend to completely ignore everything outside their home area. So I would like to see another source, to get an impression if there are really enough of these wals to justify a distinct category.

Birmingham Walk of the Stars (England,UK)

Interesting.

As has been raised already, where do you mark, and can you mark 'several' as this one covers 'several' miles between start/finish, and they plan to add to it...

23b8269a-1a12-4505-be86-076b71f39280.jpg?rnd=0.1903454

And, out of curiosity, which other categories do/can they fit in?

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I agree that the lack of prevalence is a big concern. It is also true that larger ones present a problem with pinpointing a location for the coordinates, but that is not an insurmountable problem.

Some of them may find a home in the Tourist Attractions category. Do some have individual Wikipedia entries? (Weak category, I know). It would take a little hunting based on each walk.

Many of the individual markers on Walks of Fame have been submitted to the Citizen Memorial category.

Yes ... thank you all for all opinions, they're valid and logical. Citizen Memorial category looks to be best for almost all individual markers from walks of fame.

I think Citizen Memorial has it.

I did wonder about the fact "Memorial" suggests the person is dead (it does to me, anyway) but the Citizens Memorial description does include:

Memorials are generally done posthumously, however occasionally commemorative markers are installed during the life time of the person or group honoured. Both types are accepted in this category.