Found cache in angus

asbo_dog

Hi there i have found a cache in carnoustie angus today

I have removed and kept the cache with me at home as where it was placed was on ground which is shooting/hunting ground and i fear someone might have gotten hurt or been questioned by someone with no knowledge of geocaching as to why they were there

Is it possible to speak to a moderator for uk/scotland or local geocache player to discuss how i can get this back to someone or if its possible to place somewhere again to allow the cache to continue its journey

I have no problem placing it somewhere in angus if someone lets me know how i go about it

I would just like it to be back in safe hands and not destroyed or lost!

I appologise if i have caused any hassle by removing said cache but i would not like to think someone is it at risk from where the cache was placed

Feel free to message on this post or email me at killgamer@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks David.

Edited by d00g13

Thanks for the replies up to now guys

After delibiration with my father in law , he said it should be okay to put the cache back in place but for people to be aware of what may be happening in that area

I have found which cache it is here is the link http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC3HKEA_big-gates

It will be placed back as soon as i can i would still like to speak to backmuir who placed it or someone who is a mod for this area/region to see if we can move it anywhere near the area maybe across the road or likewise

Thanks

I have found which cache it is here is the link http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC3HKEA_big-gates

It will be placed back as soon as i can i would still like to speak to backmuir who placed it or someone who is a mod for this area/region to see if we can move it anywhere near the area maybe across the road or likewise

Thanks

On the cache page where it says A cache by Backmuir click on the name, and you can email via the site.

The Reviewer dealing with this would appear to be Lorgadh , click on the name in their log on the cache page and you can send an email via the site.

On E-Mail Address: Send Message click on Send Message

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Thanks for the replies.

The picture shown above is the correct gates but the cache wasnt near the red dot it was about 5.5ft higher up and on the inside of the gates and there is activity posts on the cache's log that said people have been rolling under the gates to find it which is why we were concerned

I have spoken with backmuir and will replace cache on the roadside of the fence