Surrey and surrounding areas walks for geokids

As above really, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask!

We are looking for some recommendations

Now the weather is not as reliable, longer walks are out so we are looking for some of ish 10 caches, 3 miles or so, to fill our Sunday afternoons!

Many thanks

I did a 20 cache 5 mile series round Box Hill and Juniper Hill yesterday with my grand-daughter, very pleasant walk and there are several places where the route can be short-circuited to reduce the length if required. Started at 11 and finished at 4, but we were taking it very easily indeed, including stopping at the restaurant halfway round for our lunch.

Rgds, Andy

There are a fair few caches hidden in the woods just off junction 10 of the M25, where it meets the A3. There is parking and a refreshment area just off the A3 sliproad heading southbound. The pathways are pretty good and you could easily pick up 10-15 caches on a 3 mile walk.

There are a fair few caches hidden in the woods just off junction 10 of the M25, where it meets the A3. There is parking and a refreshment area just off the A3 sliproad heading southbound. The pathways are pretty good and you could easily pick up 10-15 caches on a 3 mile walk.

Ockham woods was (maybe still is?) a well known and well reported 'dogging' area so I would avoid it in the evening or at night especially if you have children with you.

Yes, I have done a short Ockham Woods caching walk by myself. I parked at 3 ish on a summer afternoon, went for a 3 hour or so walk, and when I got back to the car park (empty when I arrived) there were about 20 cars, each with a single man in sitting int the car park. I have never felt so many eyes watch me back to my car and I couldn't get out of the car park quick enough! Not sure I'll be returning there any time soon although there is a longer walk there I would like to try!

Can highly recommend the two Sodor circuits for those with children, and we will be attempting some Box hill caches soon, thanks for the suggestions.