Notice proximity to a cache

Jilbertin

If you've got the app, you can choose "find nearby caches" & the list comes up, starting with the closest. No audible sound, though. In all but the most remote places, there's something nearby. Stop the car and take a look at your phone. Then choose "navigate to cache" & go there. Most places I check there's something within 2 miles, and usually within 1 mile.

My Garmin handheld GPS will beep when I get 'close' to the cache I am looking for. But I have already selected the cache at that point, it is not telling me randomly that there is any cache nearby.

And in this case 'close' is based on the speed of approach. So if I am driving, it tells me about .5 - 1 mile out, whereas when I am walking, it tells me about 40 ft out.

For just nearby approaches, I don't have anything that gives me a beep, but if I have added the caches to my car GPS, I can see them on the map as I am driving near. And if I am on the map view page of my handheld, I can see the nearby caches on that map too if they have been loaded.