Pi Day?

Pan314159

I got a reply to my email from Janae. The year won't be on these coins.

Only one reason I can see that the year will not be on the coin.

... to re-use the design ad nauseam ... sad. :(

Guess we won't be needing any ... :cry:

Hi All,

We will not be reusing the design of this coin.

Hans

Then what is the problem with putting a '2015' on the coin ??

Yes, it is your design and you can do what you want with it. Just seems to me that there is a difference between coins released, as your wolf series/Venetian masks are in countless versions, and a coin that is date specific. Pi Day 2015 ... why not SAY that it is ... ??

Edited by nevadanick

I had considered taking part since sales of the 12-13-14 coin have gone well, and I plan to host a Pi day event. Unfortunately setting the deadline for participation on Christmas Eve wasn't great timing for me. The lead in to Christmas is a busy time to try and design a coin colour scheme. I know with International shipping it's good to get the coins off early to make sure all event hosts have them in time (being in Canada it was a concern for me with the 12-13-14 coins), but with the event date is still 2.5 months away it would've been nice if the deadline could have been the first week of January. Oh well, perhaps next time. :)

I had considered taking part since sales of the 12-13-14 coin have gone well, and I plan to host a Pi day event. Unfortunately setting the deadline for participation on Christmas Eve wasn't great timing for me. The lead in to Christmas is a busy time to try and design a coin colour scheme. I know with International shipping it's good to get the coins off early to make sure all event hosts have them in time (being in Canada it was a concern for me with the 12-13-14 coins), but with the event date is still 2.5 months away it would've been nice if the deadline could have been the first week of January. Oh well, perhaps next time. :)

Please reach out to Janae @ janae@oakcoins.com. We are on a tight deadline with the Chinese break this next year since will take longer than normal to get things in February and early March.

We have our event published for 3/14. Find PI and Eat Cake Event

Anyone having 2 or 3 of their PI coins available for me to have before our event, please message me.

I would like to get one for Bukibear for her birthday (celebrating the same day as the event) and 2 for our free event raffle. Any US source would be good in order to keep the shipping cost down.

Any help appreciated !!!

Anyone having 2 or 3 of their PI coins available for me to have before our event, please message me.

I would like to get one for Bukibear for her birthday (celebrating the same day as the event) and 2 for our free event raffle. Any US source would be good in order to keep the shipping cost down.

Any help appreciated !!!

I will have plenty extra. Getting them to you in time is the issue. I'll be able to get them to you in time if there aren't any delays.

Any help appreciated !!!

I will have plenty extra. Getting them to you in time is the issue. I'll be able to get them to you in time if there aren't any delays.

I'd be interested in getting a couple of your coins too, if available. Did you say yours were the Afghanistan edition? I'm in the UK.

Any help appreciated !!!

I'd be interested in getting a couple of your coins too, if available. Did you say yours were the Afghanistan edition? I'm in the UK.

Yes, mine is the Afghanistan coin. I will have some available for you. How many are you thinking you'll want?

Any help appreciated !!!

Yes, mine is the Afghanistan coin. I will have some available for you. How many are you thinking you'll want?

I was thinking 3? Although 2 would be fine if you don't have enough.

On the subject of getting them to us... I'm ordering a few of the Geoswag Flash Mob vresion too from Janae. Do you think when she's posting them out to both of us, she'd be willing to put those 2 or 3 of your ones in the package to me? That way we'd have them in time for the event. I'm holding a Pi Day event in London, UK.

Any help appreciated !!!

On the subject of getting them to us... I'm ordering a few of the Geoswag Flash Mob vresion too from Janae. Do you think when she's posting them out to both of us, she'd be willing to put those 2 or 3 of your ones in the package to me? That way we'd have them in time for the event. I'm holding a Pi Day event in London, UK.

She might. We can ask her as time gets closer. I will have gobs extra. If I get more than 4 or 5 people at my event I'll be astounded. All in all it's probably a good thing there's fewer people here to have a meet with!

I have never posted in these forums, so I am not sure about the protocols…I would love to purchase one of these coins, they are fabulous. That said, I don't see myself making it to any events…especially as I will be taking a calculus final on March 14th. (Yes on a Saturday…that is just the way they worked it I guess…) Is there any chance any will be available through a website?

Thank you so much for your time!

-Ruby

I have never posted in these forums, so I am not sure about the protocols…I would love to purchase one of these coins, they are fabulous. That said, I don't see myself making it to any events…especially as I will be taking a calculus final on March 14th. (Yes on a Saturday…that is just the way they worked it I guess…) Is there any chance any will be available through a website?

-Ruby

The company that organised this will be selling their versions on their website, I believe.

http://www.geoswag.com/

I imagine there will also be more people selling their personal versions too.

-Ruby

The company that organised this will be selling their versions on their website, I believe.

http://www.geoswag.com/

I imagine there will also be more people selling their personal versions too.

Oh wonderful, thank you! I will check back then :)

She might. We can ask her as time gets closer. I will have gobs extra. If I get more than 4 or 5 people at my event I'll be astounded. All in all it's probably a good thing there's fewer people here to have a meet with!

:) Understood...and agreed, but I'm happy that you'll have some people to party with! Thank you for your service, Steve. It is ALWAYS appreciated. :wub: Check your mail! ;)

I figured it was about time to post the icons for the Afghanistan edition. It'll be called Ultra Pi Day - Afghanistan, 2015.

32x32: d2cb0ca9-3a46-4fb9-9e39-63b7af27819c.gif

16x16: 4e6de314-a9ad-499b-a553-39710678339a.gif

I imagine the 32x32 icon for the other coins will have a similar template, just with different colors and without the "2015".

The 16x16 they originally sent was just a half size version of the larger one. I didn't like it so I made a new one myself. :)

I figured it was about time to post the icons for the Afghanistan edition. It'll be called Ultra Pi Day - Afghanistan, 2015.

I imagine the 32x32 icon for the other coins will have a similar template, just with different colors and without the "2015".

The 16x16 they originally sent was just a half size version of the larger one. I didn't like it so I made a new one myself. :)

Thumbs up ... :D

Thumbs up from me too. That's awesome.

As previously stated, I'd really like 2 or 3 of your edition. It looks really good, but also because it's Afghanistan and what it means that people are out there.

As previously stated, I'd really like 2 or 3 of your edition. It looks really good, but also because it's Afghanistan and what it means that people are out there.

I'll add you to the list. :)

I'll add you to the list. :)

Thanks. :)

I might be too late to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm planning to do an Event in Munich. Therefore i want to ask you if you still have some spares?

I might be too late to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm planning to do an Event in Munich. Therefore i want to ask you if you still have some spares?

I have 18 still unspoken for. How many are you interested in?

If Janae asks, my event is:

GC5J4GK "3.14 Pies? London Pi Day 2015 Event"

Thank you very much.

I am not trying to get all the versions of this coin, but I would love to have one of yours from Afghanistan. If you have any left over, can I buy one? Thanks!

Hi all,

Not sure if there would be any interest and only in the preliminary stages right now but I have been designing a Pi Day geocoin and if I could get enough people interested in it and enough pre-orders I could have somewhere mint a batch of coins.

Fairly new to the whole geocoin thing and I am just an individual with a blog and a recently acquired passion for geocaching, so cannot afford to have the coins created in advance.

Should anyone be interested please get in touch.

Info can be found on my blog as to the proposed design so far, still working out some bits and suggestions welcome.

Hi all,Not sure if there would be any interest and only in the preliminary stages right now but I have been designing a Pi Day geocoin and if I could get enough people interested in it and enough pre-orders I could have somewhere mint a batch of coins.Fairly new to the whole geocoin thing and I am just an individual with a blog and a recently acquired passion for geocaching, so cannot afford to have the coins created in advance.Should anyone be interested please get in touch.Info can be found on my blog as to the proposed design so far, still working out some bits and suggestions welcome.

Because of previous problems with past preorders most of the people on the forums here don't do them--only reservations where money doesn't change hands until the coins have actually been minted and in the hand of the seller. Too many times the seller has disappeared with the money and the people burned. The basic feeling is that if someone doesn't have the money up front to mint a coin then they shouldn't be doing one.

Do you plan to have them ready for March 14 this year? If so they should already be in the process of being minted. Sorry to say also that a run of 500 to 1000 coins is not a limited edition. Good luck with your project.

I am not trying to get all the versions of this coin, but I would love to have one of yours from Afghanistan. If you have any left over, can I buy one? Thanks!

You're on the list! :)

Hi all,Not sure if there would be any interest and only in the preliminary stages right now but I have been designing a Pi Day geocoin and if I could get enough people interested in it and enough pre-orders I could have somewhere mint a batch of coins.Fairly new to the whole geocoin thing and I am just an individual with a blog and a recently acquired passion for geocaching, so cannot afford to have the coins created in advance.Should anyone be interested please get in touch.Info can be found on my blog as to the proposed design so far, still working out some bits and suggestions welcome.

Because of previous problems with past preorders most of the people on the forums here don't do them--only reservations where money doesn't change hands until the coins have actually been minted and in the hand of the seller. Too many times the seller has disappeared with the money and the people burned. The basic feeling is that if someone doesn't have the money up front to mint a coin then they shouldn't be doing one.

Do you plan to have them ready for March 14 this year? If so they should already be in the process of being minted. Sorry to say also that a run of 500 to 1000 coins is not a limited edition. Good luck with your project.

Hi,

Thanks for the response and information, this was just an idea I had recently, only just started with this site back in December and only just had this idea last week, I fully understand what your saying about the coins and payment upfront, I just figured that when people are paying online through a payment processing company such as PayPal they have some guarantee that they can complain and get a refund through that processor for someone who did try and abscond with all their money, not that I would lol and I also do understand that it is very close to Pi Day and people would not have the coins by the day itself, like I said it was a last minute idea and I was playing around with designs and Pi Day was coming up so got incorporated into my ideas.

As for it being limited, well it is limited in a way because there would only ever be 500 coins each one numbered, which in the grand scheme of things is fairly limited considering some coins out there have probably hundreds of thousands of copies out there all exactly the same.

Based on what you are saying though I am thinking it would be too rushed and not enough people would go for it, so I may scrap the whole coin aspect of the project and go in a different direction.

Hi,

Thanks for the response and information, this was just an idea I had recently, only just started with this site back in December and only just had this idea last week, I fully understand what your saying about the coins and payment upfront, I just figured that when people are paying online through a payment processing company such as PayPal they have some guarantee that they can complain and get a refund through that processor for someone who did try and abscond with all their money, not that I would lol and I also do understand that it is very close to Pi Day and people would not have the coins by the day itself, like I said it was a last minute idea and I was playing around with designs and Pi Day was coming up so got incorporated into my ideas.

As for it being limited, well it is limited in a way because there would only ever be 500 coins each one numbered, which in the grand scheme of things is fairly limited considering some coins out there have probably hundreds of thousands of copies out there all exactly the same.

Based on what you are saying though I am thinking it would be too rushed and not enough people would go for it, so I may scrap the whole coin aspect of the project and go in a different direction.

All the online payments have a time limit, which is normally shorter then the time it takes to get the coin minted. So losing money is and has been a real possibility.

Hundreds of Thousands???? You might want to do some more research!

Edited by NOSNOW

Yeah I think it is 60 days or something and I just plucked a number out of the sky for that but I am sure some coins have sold many thousands especially the cheaper ones or ones with really awesome designs or something.

I also had another easier to implement idea something that wouldn't take forever and would be available as and when people ordered, I was thinking of creating some unique swag for trade, things like bottle cap coins, key chains, pins etc, things of that nature that are not as costly and time consuming to have created ahead of time, which if there were enough interest out there in such things I would do that instead.

Like I said all of this was just an idea I was having and I never thought it would really go anywhere just getting some feedback and opinions on it all :)

My main focus at the moment is designing and creating some interesting caches and puzzles, of which I have several in planning and just having fun with it all, going to events, finding caches etc.

Hi,

All the online payments have a time limit, which is normally shorter then the time it takes to get the coin minted. So losing money is and has been a real possibility.

Hundreds of Thousands???? You might want to do some more research!

In a notice from Paypal late last year, some claims terms were changed, effective Nov 18, 2014.

The 45 day claims limit under their User Agreement has been changed ...

------------

• We're increasing the time for buyers to file merchandise disputes (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days.

• We're extending buyer protection to include item not received claims for custom made products.

• Because PayPal Seller Protection and Buyer Protection policies may vary from country to country, we're adding language to clarify which country's policy applies when a seller makes a sale to a buyer outside of the U.S.

Is there a way for an individual to just get one or two of these? I'm interested in the green GeoSwag version. Thank yoU!

Geoswag seem to usually put any remaining coins up for sale to individuals after the event date. That's just a guess though. If you want one of the Geoswag version, the best bet is probably to contact Geoswag or Oakcoins directly.