c# parsing/executing of lua Wherigo file

ATXTracker

I'm looking to interpret and run Wherigo cartridges in c#. I have this working a little using NLua for .net, but I'm missing lua code for all the Wherigo objects (ex Wherigo.ZCartridge). I think this could be reverse engineered with a great amount of work, but I'd guess it already has been.

Can anyone share their effort running a cartridge in c#? Is there already some sort of Wherigo.lua code file available?

Happy Caching,

John

The compiler generates GWC files. The same format as the original compiler produces. You could find the code on Github.

There is although a core in C# for a Wherigo player. It is used for a iOS, an Android and a WinPhone implementation. You could find this although on Github. Search for the Wherigo Foundation.

There's a web-based emulator available to us. You could equip it with the HMTL5 geolocation API and have a web-based player app.

If the location is updated every second, I do not want a client-server architecture. Just imagine how overloaded that poor cloud-based server farm would be if more than a thousand (or even ten thousand) people decided to play cartridges at the same time!

Plus one obstacle is that Internet connectivity is absolutely essential, so Wherigos in remote areas wouldn't work with a client/server model. But I do like the idea.

There's a web-based emulator available to us. You could equip it with the HMTL5 geolocation API and have a web-based player app.

If the location is updated every second, I do not want a client-server architecture. Just imagine how overloaded that poor cloud-based server farm would be if more than a thousand (or even ten thousand) people decided to play cartridges at the same time!