Has Statistics updating process changed?

Up until yesterday (10/12/14) whenever I went to Quick view and then Statistics, I would get a message stating the last time my statistics had been updated. There used to be link there that allowed "Update Statistics now" The link is now MIA and my statistics last update message reads "a day ago." I check the statistics page every time I log a new find for an unfilled day on my calendar, but now all of a sudden my calendar is not being updated to accurately see what is left to complete by the end of October. I am trying to complete a local challenge cache by completing my cache a day calendar. Is it me or has something changed for others as well? I have tried refreshing the statistics page, logging out of geocaching.com and relogging and using a browser other than Chrome. Maybe I'll just sleep on it and try again tomorrow. Possibly there is just a ghost in the machine as Halloween approaches.

Edited by origami cacher

I hadn't noticed that the "update now" button was removed, which tells you how important it is to me. But I always thought that was a clever solution: if the user wants fresh statistics, he can ask for them, but for anyone else, the statistics update is limited. I wonder why they removed it. It's hard to imagine that would cause much overhead when people can only force an update for their own statistics. Maybe someone was using it to do a denial of service attack, perhaps unintentionally.

I wish GS would raise the price of membership, that way we could complain that they are just as bad as the government, you keep getting less and they keep charging you more, as it is GS is only half as bad.

Oh well, if this keeps going the way it is with less reason to subscribe, I may go back to good old paper and pencil. I think I still have a printed 2014 calendar around here somewhere where I can track such a simple problem with a series of check marks.