Photo-cache?

Rafael.pt

Hi to all.

It's hard to find where can I add a suggest over the forum. It should have a independent zone for them.

Well getting back to the idea.

I would like to ask to all, if it's possible a photo challenge in a traditional cache?

I'm asking cause I was told to "invite" the cacher to do the challenge. The result wasn't effective.

How can I solve this, for a future idea to a cache?

Edited by Rafael.pt

Hi to all.

It's hard to find where can I add a suggest over the forum. It should have a independent zone for them.

Well getting back to the idea.

I would like to ask to all, if it's possible a photo challenge in a traditional cache?

I'm asking cause I was told to "invite" the cacher to do the challenge. The result wasn't effective.

How can I solve this, for a future idea to a cache?

There is a section for suggestions.

I believe if you're requiring a photo in a traditional,it's considered an additional logging requirement and no longer allowed.

The answer to this question isn't going to be any different than the first time you asked. You CANNOT require a logger to submit a photo. There have been caches that included a camera in them for the logger to use and the Co Then gets it and develops it but I am guessing you want a picture of the cacher doing something else. CAN'T BE DONE.

hum... even if the chanlange is to photografe Nature?

As I understand it challenges are geocaching related. Find 10 traditionals. Attend 5 events. Or some other variation.

Also you cannot require someone to take/post a photograph.

In other words no, walang, ne, nicht, não.

4f57749c118387a8ce680f230c7006e8.jpg

interesting... so you can risk your on life to try to log a cache, but you can not have a photo log or a photo challange...

That is correct.

Rafael seems to find that ironic, but I don't see that. :huh:

I know, I keep trying to come up with the way to explain in a tidy fashion difference between being made to take a picture to log the cache and the personal choice to attempt a dangerous cache.

Have you read the guidelines for challenge caches?

Maybe you can figure out how taking a photo can be "geocaching-related qualification or series of tasks". The only thing I can think of would be a challenge cache based on logging grandfathered caches that require photos (i.e., webcam caches, and certain virtual caches). But even then, the photos would be for the qualifying caches, not for your challenge cache.

Edited by niraD
Have you read the guidelines for challenge caches?

Maybe you can figure out how taking a photo can be "geocaching-related qualification or series of tasks". The only thing I can think of would be a challenge cache based on logging grandfathered caches that require photos (i.e., webcam caches, and certain virtual caches). But even then, the photos would be for the qualifying caches, not for your challenge cache.

Or have 1000+ pictures in your Profile Gallery. I could qualify for that type of Challenge :rolleyes:

interesting... so you can risk your on life to try to log a cache, but you can not have a photo log or a photo challange...

Not quite. You are not making risk their lives to get to the cache, you are allowing them to. They have the option to find that cache, just like they have the option to provide a photo, but neither can be required. It really doesn't matter what you say, the answer is no.

The best thing you could do is just ask for people to add the photo. Most of the local cachers around here would do it if I made it clear on the page that was what I wanted with the cache. The ones that wouldn't play along probably wouldn't have put much effort into making a cool photo anyways.