found my first geo coin and the tracking number doesn't register

DEMOLDS

A good place to start is to find the Geocoin Home page so you can read up on geocoins..... hit the hyperlink to take you there.

Second thing is to make sure you read the tracking number correctly as any transposition error will sink any effort to find a geocoin in the tracking system. A magnifying glass or lens is a good tool to have.

And lastly please do not post the tracking numbers of any travel bugs or geocoins to a public forum or post photos where the number can be seen. The tracking numbers are to be kept secret except for those who have found them or have seen them in person. Hope that helps to get you started.

Sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between a "5" and "S" on coins. The same is true for "1" and "I", "O" and "0" and "B" and "8". With the two 5's in the number you posted, it's possible one or both are an "S" instead.

Is the coin related to that event? If so, it may not be a trackable coin, just a give-away from the event.

Edited by steben6

found a geo coin and the tracking number can not be found. what d

do I do with it? this is my first find, and I'm unsure how it works. number on coin is gc4df55. thanks

Does it look like the one in the picture below? If so, look at the edge of the coin, maybe there's a tracking number stamped there. I had a hard time finding a photo, so few people post a photo of their trackable items, so if it's not this one, some other clue will help (such as a photo of the coin you found). You mention finding it (I think this topic's coin) here, and I'm duly impressed that you did so. :D

Someone who is holding one of these coins may have a better idea of where the tracking number may be. A number that starts with "GC" is a Geocache in this case, as mentioned, not a tracking number, so there's another number on the coin if it is in fact a Geocoin.

89c971c9-e67b-42f6-87ca-3a588aa4bef7.jpg

Edited by kunarion

found a geo coin and the tracking number can not be found. what d

do I do with it? this is my first find, and I'm unsure how it works. number on coin is gc4df55. thanks

Does it look like the one in the picture below? If so, look at the edge of the coin, maybe there's a tracking number stamped there. I had a hard time finding a photo, so few people post a photo of their trackable items, so if it's not this one, some other clue will help (such as a photo of the coin you found). You mention finding it (I think this topic's coin) here, and I'm duly impressed that you did so. :D

Someone who is holding one of these coins may have a better idea of where the tracking number may be. A number that starts with "GC" is a Geocache in this case, as mentioned, not a tracking number, so there's another number on the coin if it is in fact a Geocoin.

89c971c9-e67b-42f6-87ca-3a588aa4bef7.jpg

The Tracking Code should be on the side of the coin and start with BG. This is the Event Coin for the Berkshire Geobash. Contact Michael at oakcoins and he can help you if you are having problems.