Deleting caches from Garmin Oregon 600

escondidas

I hope someone with knowledge of the Garmin Oregon 6xx series can help. I just purchased an Oregon 600 to replace my eTrex HCx. Nowhere in the instructions does it say how to delete caches. With the eTrex it was very simple. Since the Oregon 600 can supposedly hold an unlimited number of Geocaches, did Garmin omit the delete function?

Can caches be deleted from the Oregon 600? If so, how?

If not, is there a way to keep archived or unwanted caches from showing up among the active caches? This could be an annoying problem in a couple of years.

Thanks,

Chris

(escondidas)

. . . I just purchased an Oregon 600 to replace my eTrex HCx. Nowhere in the instructions does it say how to delete caches. With the eTrex it was very simple. Since the Oregon 600 can supposedly hold an unlimited number of Geocaches, did Garmin omit the delete function?

Can caches be deleted from the Oregon 600? If so, how?

If not, is there a way to keep archived or unwanted caches from showing up among the active caches? This could be an annoying problem in a couple of years.

You posted without searching . . .

This is asked about once a week . . .

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=326205&view=findpost&p=5429898

See #4

If you have loaded caches individually, you'll have to delete them via your computer by removing the individual .gpx or .loc files. Look for them in \Garmin\gpx

. . .

Load your caches as PQs. DO NOT load them one at a time. If you run the same PQ regularly with the options "I haven't found", "Is not on my ignore list", then you can just copy the new PQ replacing the old one. It will not show your found caches, disabled caches, or caches you have marked as "ignore".

Edited by New Jersey TJ