Owner Cache Maint List

yawppy

I would like a way to add caches to a list that deem needy of maintenance. I often get burdened with incoming emails, that it is often hard to keep track of the "needs maint" requests, yes, they get flagged,I know they pop up when submitting, but that is well hidden and not ease of access that I am looking for, and yes they come through in email, but I would like to see a way for a CO to tick a box or something flagging it to a list, where then I can plan accordingly of caches I need to check on, rather than have to scroll through several listings, etc, also then this list could perhaps be made into a pq,

I have tried several ways to do this, but they always get messed up, ok, well there is my one dream request, any suggestions would love to hear them, Thanks

Yawppy

I would like a way to add caches to a list that deem needy of maintenance. I often get burdened with incoming emails, that it is often hard to keep track of the "needs maint" requests, yes, they get flagged,I know they pop up when submitting, but that is well hidden and not ease of access that I am looking for, and yes they come through in email, but I would like to see a way for a CO to tick a box or something flagging it to a list, where then I can plan accordingly of caches I need to check on, rather than have to scroll through several listings, etc, also then this list could perhaps be made into a pq,

I have tried several ways to do this, but they always get messed up, ok, well there is my one dream request, any suggestions would love to hear them, Thanks

Yawppy

It's called a bookmark. Create a bookmark list for needs maintenance and they when an email indicates the cache needs maintenance, click the bookmark item on the navigation on the upper right of the cache page listing. As you fix them, remove them from the list.

Edited by jholly

Or do a pq of your caches weekly, drop it into gsak and run a filter for needs maintenance log. Print out and go do it.

Or even easier set up a api call for just caches owned by you (don't forget to check the allow disabled button) with the last 30 logs, save it and run it as often as you want followed by the aforementioned filter. Basically a short two step process for your desired list.

bookmark list works nicely

Or a PQ of caches that, "I own" that "Need Maintenance" - this assuming the NM Icon is set. You can set it yourself, it's now possible to log NM to your own cache. I've used this a couple of time when a log comes in with something like, "container cracked". Remember to clear the NM icon when the maintenance is done. From the attributes menu, or by Owner Maintenance log.

Another PQ of "I own" and "is disabled". If you're really ambitious,"caches I own" that, "Have Travel Bugs" - any TB or coin that's been a cache 6 months, you can probably Mark Missing - it's not there any more.

You don't have to run any of these, you can leave no day of the week set, and Preview them, look at the results.

All that said, I fully agree that the tidy list you see when you submit a new cache absolutely should be on your Quick View profile, or at least one click available.