trying to find archived cache at Gillespie Point, matterhorn of PA

SCPA Backpackers

I found a cache at Gillespie Point in Northern PA, near Blackwell. Was this a real geocache at some point? I cannot find the archived cache anywhere. Maybe someone out there can give me the GC for this one..

Possibilities:

a] listed on a different "geocaching" site;

b] archived, as you suggest* -- see below;

c] unpublished or retracted-- one that failed to meet listing approval;

d] moved or "migrated" from its original location

*Was there a log book/sheet? Other signatures on it? If so, check one of those finders logs....

I found a cache at Gillespie Point in Northern PA, near Blackwell. Was this a real geocache at some point? I cannot find the archived cache anywhere. Maybe someone out there can give me the GC for this one..

Possibilities:

a] listed on a different "geocaching" site;

b] archived, as you suggest* -- see below;

c] unpublished or retracted-- one that failed to meet listing approval;

d] moved or "migrated" from its original location

*Was there a log book/sheet? Other signatures on it? If so, check one of those finders logs....

Or a final for a Multi or Puzzle cache...

Are you sure this wasn't a peak log? That seems more likely.

Good one! If I'm not mistaken, we here in the forums once traced an ammo box "Geocaching find" (pre Geocaching's existence) on top of the highest Mountain in Texas to a summit register. I'm no alpinist, but I've signed a few of those things in my day. :)

It said Do Not Remove: Official Geocache on the Ammo Box. But maybe it is a geocache on some other site, that site probably went out of business, since not many signatures were after 2012.

I am actually affiliated, in an undisclosed capacity, with one of those other Geocaching websites. Although many people say "it could be listed on another website", it's almost never the case. :P

So according to this page on the interwebs, you're talking about a cache at/near the summit of this peak in the township of Blackwell, Pa.?