Montana not showing map

Merlin-K

I have just purchased a Montana 600 to replace my Oregon 450. I am having major problems with downloading maps on to it.

I have a Garmin Benelux topo map. This has been unlocked and worked fine on the Oregon. I have tried to transfer it on to the Montana using Basecamp but when I turn on the Montana it doesn't show the map.

If I now open Basecamp and open Topomap Benelux under maps then I get the correct map showing on the computer. Next step is to connect the Montana with a USB, right click on internal storage and then click "Install maps on the Montana". Mapinstall opens, as it should. It lists the device in the device box but then it gives me the message "The device already has your latest maps fully installed".

So disconnect and turn on Montana. Click on map settings. Click on map information. No sign of the topomap for me to be able to enable it.

Any suggestions as to move forward would be appreciated at this point.

Did you select the map for display on the GPS? On an Oregon 6x it would be Setup, Map, Configure Maps.

Registered maps work on 1 Gps only.

Garmin allows 2 devices per product, but you will need a separate unlock code for the 2nd device. When you say the maps are unlocked, did you mean unlocked with a new code, not the one you used for your Oregon?

Edited by New Jersey TJ

The map isn't showing on the GPS to enable it.

How do I get a second code? When I go on mygarmin then it says the map is unlocked. I can't see how to get another code (or how to add an unlock code on the montana)

Opensourcemap seems an option but I am finding it hard to understand how to put Oss on the Garmin.

The map isn't showing on the GPS to enable it.

How do I get a second code? When I go on mygarmin then it says the map is unlocked. I can't see how to get another code (or how to add an unlock code on the montana)

Opensourcemap seems an option but I am finding it hard to understand how to put Oss on the Garmin.

Try this:

http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={9dfff880-1aa0-11dc-657f-000000000000}

Or

http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={c6b5ca80-6a30-11dd-59a9-000000000000}

While looking around I found one Garmin FAQ that said you can install to two devices, and another that said you can only install to one. Now i'm not sure which is correct.

Edited by New Jersey TJ