Recruiting for zaxbys restaurant group.

Hopefully soon to be a category is the zaxbys restaurant group. There are not too many or too few of these restaurants. I am looking to recruit a few more members, so I can get it to the peer review. A simple basic category that is not in the list of category's. Here is a link.

http://www.Waymarking.com/groups/details.aspx?f=1&guid=110bd50c-eba3-44ca-9bda-c0b94f6d0a4e

Edited by chris geertsen

Dear chris geertsen,

what about creating your first Waymark? Go out, take some pictures, write listings,...etc.

All the best,

-lumbricus

Absolutely. It is probably not a good idea for someone who has never posted a waymark at all, and has just visited 8 of them, to try and establish categories. You really need to get more of a feel for the game. The game isn't really making categories. The game is really making and visiting Waymarks, which happen to fit in categories (and thusly, sometimes new categories are warranted -- but not just for the sake of making new categories).

Have fun! Do some Waymarking! :D:D:D

Edited by MountainWoods

It wouldn't meet the global criterion being based in the USA only as far as I can see.

I think this is a misunderstanding of the global criterion. Probably at least a third of our Waymarking categories are limited to one country or region either by definition or distribution.

So, Dunkin Donuts has a world-wide distribution, but Oregon Historic Markers and London Coal Tax Posts don't. The intent is to eliminated arbitrarily limited categories, such as Fountains of Rome, where a more global category would be a practical and more reasonable solution. Even so, we have certain types of categories that are limited to a country or region such as historical markers, benchmarks or trig points, post offices, and a few others. Then we have the odd ones such as U.S. National Parks and then one category for all other national parks in the world. Makes no sense to me.

More to the point, in this case, is that we seem to have had our fill of commercial categories, especially for chain stores and restaurants. Also, the initial description of this category is poorly written with mistakes in grammar and punctuation with very little real thought to how a category should be written.

And, while we welcome newcomers, it is still wise to learn more about the hobby by participation and observation before jumping in with contributions that take as much work as developing a new Waymarking category. But, thanks for bringing this up for discussion in the forum!