Could someone possibly help me with my cache in Berlin/Adopt it?

diosma1

Hi, my name is Connor and I am from Ireland! I was on holidays in Berlin, Germany in the middle of August and I admired it a lot! At the time, I was so happy I hid a geocache there. I was so pleased with myself I forgot the rule that you can only hide geocaches within a certain km range from you, so that you can maintain it.

I think it would be an awful waste if it was not published and in my opinion it was a nice easy cache. If people want to adopt/watch it please comment below or email me.

Thanks, and by the way sorry for not typing in German, I am currently learning in school though!

Hi, my name is Connor and I am from Ireland! I was on holidays in Berlin, Germany in the middle of August and I admired it a lot! At the time, I was so happy I hid a geocache there. I was so pleased with myself I forgot the rule that you can only hide geocaches within a certain km range from you, so that you can maintain it.

I think it would be an awful waste if it was not published and in my opinion it was a nice easy cache. If people want to adopt/watch it please comment below or email me.

Thanks, and by the way sorry for not typing in German, I am currently learning in school though!

Hi,

is your question still actual?

Please note, even with a local maintainer, this cache could not be published at its current location due to a cache saturation conflict. So, it would need to be moved. At that point, I'd say the local cacher ought to just hide their own cache.

The reviewer did not get to the cache saturation issue because the cache maintenance issue was dispositive. I think the reviewer rightly assumed that you would not be able to run back to the cache location to move it a few hundred feet so as to resolve the conflict.

Knowing the landscape for existing caches (including the hidden waypoints for multi's and puzzles) is one of many reasons for the cache maintenance guideline's discouragement of "vacation caches."

Edited by Keystone