Pocket Query showing old logs and inactive caches

rangerlantana

I have a Garmin 62st. I use pocket queries to load caches on the GPS. When I get to a cache and read the logs it shows only logs from 3 months ago (when I check online there are more up-to-date logs). I just loaded the pocket query this morning (PQ is 2 days old). I have tried deleting the old PQ before I load the new one but this makes no difference. And today I was looking for a cache that I could not find online. Anyone know the problem or have suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

The files do have the same name and it does ask if I want to overwrite.

Delete the file (using the PC) and unplug and boot the GPS. Are the caches gone? If not, plug it to the computer again and look around for other GPX files. Check both the GPS and the SD card. Repeat process until you can boot the GPX and it shows no caches. Then copy your latest PQ to it and you should be good to go.

. . . . And today I was looking for a cache that I could not find online. . . .

. . . . The PQ does filter out inactive caches . . . .

If your PQ does in fact filter out inactive caches and you were looking for a cache you could not find online, it seems that the only explanation is that the cache was deactivated at some point between the PQ being generated and when you went to look for it online.