Geocaching Christmas List

ADKer

How about a 528ft/161m radius that's free of other geocaches, that's centered around a nice spot for me to hide a geocache of my own?

I received a trackable walking stick for Christmas a few years ago, but now I already have one so I don't need another. Others might prefer a trackable name tag (for events), or a trackable T-shirt, or a trackable vehicle decal, or some other trackable geocaching item.

People have started to ask me what I want for Christmas this year. I'm thinking along the lines of geocaching, but I can't think of anything specific that I want.

So, what do you guys think? What is on a geocacher's Christmas list?laugh.gif

I see that you don't have a TB tattoo. Why not get one for Christmas, designed by those asking what you want?

Now, that is one present that would stay with you for all time... :lol:

It would certainly be different! Not your run-of-the-mill present, eh?

People have started to ask me what I want for Christmas this year. I'm thinking along the lines of geocaching, but I can't think of anything specific that I want.

So, what do you guys think? What is on a geocacher's Christmas list?laugh.gif

I see that you don't have a TB tattoo. Why not get one for Christmas, designed by those asking what you want?

Now, that is one present that would stay with you for all time... :lol:

It would certainly be different! Not your run-of-the-mill present, eh?

Too bad I don't like needles wink.gif

What kind of geocaching do you like? What do you already have? What's the budget?

Anyway, thought you might find this thread amusing : http://forums.Ground...showtopic=58601

Well, I've got my trusty eTrex 20. The problem is, I've been caching for three years now, and there's nothing that I wish I had! So I'd like to hear what others want/recommend. We can ignore budget for now.

For the record, I live in the Adirondack Mountains in New York.

And yes, I've seen that thread before! laugh.gif

For me, it's always the same -----> ammo cans. I'm a prolific hider, and need cans to replace cans, as well as new for new hides.

Forestry tries to burn everything, including my ammo cans, every three years, and mostly succeed. At this point, I do have some burnt cans out with plastic containers inside.

Last Christmas below, Merry Merry (the center stack was Christmas, I already owned the 5 flanking cans)

6ab4c29c-caa8-4a66-91d9-d2d1125b74c8.jpg?rnd=0.03640884

I have enough stuff. A trip to Easter Island for the earthcaches there would be a good present; I would even consider a trip to Pitcairn Island for a couple of traditionals to be an equally good gift. These days, when asked what I want for any gift giving event, I simply say "an adventure." So really, it does not have to be so far away or involve anything other than a virtual.

Edited by geodarts