irritated about Trackables

hunybunchesof_Os

I agree with the statement "its just a bug" but its a lot like another poster said. "its like letting your kid have a candybar in the store and not paying for it".. its just wrong and I will not do either ... my reason for being so irritated at this is the wife and I are newbies to this and have heard about and seen caches that said there were trackables in them.. Alas we have found NONE!! we were invited by some friends to go this past weekend to THE LONESTAR ROUND-UP held at the dinosaur state park in Glenrose Tx. while we were there I was talking to a couple of people who had out on display a bunch of "for trade" and "not for trade" geocoins and trackables and when I asked if this were all ones that they had put out and had come back he laughed and said "OOOHH NNOOO!! I found all of these while caching" strange part about this is the fact that we have come across descriptions of 2 trackables that REALLY stood out because we thought they were clever ideas. one being a Scooby-doo mystery van and its mission to go to haunted places and a traveling ELMO doll(our son loved Elmo). both of them are from the BRADY TEXAS area and both were in this guys collection.. this has really been eating on me ever since so today I decided to look them up and guess what the mystery van was last seen last seen on April 5th 2014 (4+months MIA) and the Elmo has been MIA since Nov 7 2011 YUP!!! 4 years in this guys possession!! and both have disappeared from caches less than 3 miles from each other I really think the problem here is the fact that there is not a "NEGITIVE NAME" for people who collect other peoples TB's so I think we should remedy that!! my ideas are "TRACKOPHILE" , "CACHE-KLEPTO" or a "TB-POACHER" .... BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO BE THAT GUY!!

Deep breath, exhale, better? Try again but don't hyperventilate.

I'm sorry you've had a rough time finding trackables in the wild and that you found someone who's been hoarding them.

One thing you'll find is most geocachers never make it to the forums, and you'll also find that those who frequent here already know the problems of trackables.

I tend to think that my coins have been misappropriated or misplaced, not stolen. Allow me my delusions.

Well, there is a name for such people: thief

If you got the name of that guy you should go to the police. Or maybe inform the owners of the trackables so they can go there and have the guy arrested.

Cops have way better things to do than trace down the small time theft of trinkets with little or no value. You will be lucky it they wait until you leave before laughing. Leaving a trinket in a container in the wild would probably also be considered abandonment of property eliminating one of the elements of theft. That crime includes the element of intent to permanently deprive the owner of it. Since you sent it out into the wild you would have a hard time claiming that you had possession of it and they could say they were going to put them in a cache shortly.

The best solution is my signature.

I'm new to the caching world, been doing it about three months and love it! I do think I love the trackables the most. I'm like a kid when I find one! lol But I haven't found many. And it's very frustrating to go after a cache that is SUPPOSED to have travelbugs/geo coins in them , MULTIPLE bugs, and I open it up and NOTHING. :-( Very frustrating.

I am Also a newbie. I found a TB in my second cache, though none since then, did find a few TB stickers on containers though which i thought was cool.

I love the idea of trackables and i have sent out a few. 1 did go missing (cache owner confirmed that it was no longer in the cache), however i emailed the last person to visit the cache after it had been dropped off. I never got a reply, though mysteriously it then reappeared in the cache a few days later.

I am planning to send out a few more TBs though planning to attach tags with their goals on them, maybe that will help

OP, I hear ya loud and clear... I been a casual Cacher for a few years now and not long ago introduced my new G/f to my hobby. This morning I was telling my g/f and her daughter about trackables, what they are, how they work and the etiquette of them... Then today, we logged like 11 or 12 finds, like 4 of them said they had trackables of some sort, but not a single one did... The girl was fairly disappointed...

I'm like, I wish if a person removes a trackable from a cache, they would log it out. I'm betting they remembered to get their "Found it" smiley... I've had several go missing myself. Just a peeve of mine I guess..

I agree with the statement "its just a bug" but its a lot like another poster said. "its like letting your kid have a candybar in the store and not paying for it".. its just wrong and I will not do either ... my reason for being so irritated at this is the wife and I are newbies to this and have heard about and seen caches that said there were trackables in them.. Alas we have found NONE!! we were invited by some friends to go this past weekend to THE LONESTAR ROUND-UP held at the dinosaur state park in Glenrose Tx. while we were there I was talking to a couple of people who had out on display a bunch of "for trade" and "not for trade" geocoins and trackables and when I asked if this were all ones that they had put out and had come back he laughed and said "OOOHH NNOOO!! I found all of these while caching" strange part about this is the fact that we have come across descriptions of 2 trackables that REALLY stood out because we thought they were clever ideas. one being a Scooby-doo mystery van and its mission to go to haunted places and a traveling ELMO doll(our son loved Elmo). both of them are from the BRADY TEXAS area and both were in this guys collection.. this has really been eating on me ever since so today I decided to look them up and guess what the mystery van was last seen last seen on April 5th 2014 (4+months MIA) and the Elmo has been MIA since Nov 7 2011 YUP!!! 4 years in this guys possession!! and both have disappeared from caches less than 3 miles from each other I really think the problem here is the fact that there is not a "NEGITIVE NAME" for people who collect other peoples TB's so I think we should remedy that!! my ideas are "TRACKOPHILE" , "CACHE-KLEPTO" or a "TB-POACHER" .... BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO BE THAT GUY!!