gpsmap64s

That depends on how you loaded them in the first place.

If you loaded them one at a time from the cache page, use Windows Explorer to navigate to X:\Garmin\GPX and delete the ones that you have found.

If you sent a bunch at a time by using a Pocket Query or other utility, you should download Garmin's BaseCamp and use that to selectively delete the caches that you have found.

so i have to plug the gps into the computer to delete them?. i didnt have to with my etrex legend. wow i think that 99 dollar unit is better than this 400 dollar unit.

This has been asked many times, and the answer is always the same. The reason for the change lies in a major change in how caches are typically loaded.

Years ago, caches were all loaded one at a time. This made it easy for GPS's to delete individual caches. But currently, a majority of cachers load caches via pocket queries (i.e. gpx files) that contain multiple caches. Because these are compound files, gps units don't presently have the technology to go inside of them and delete individual caches.

I think that a lot of cachers today use gpx files with many caches inside of them. They typically don't worry about deleting caches. They simply load an update gpx file over the old one (which doesn't contain found caches), which effectively "deletes" the found caches.

Presumably, you're going to connect your GPS to your computer to load new caches, so while you are in there, delete the ones you don't want. If you don't want found caches cluttering your display in the interim, set a filter to hide them.

Edited by New Jersey TJ

If you simply don't want to see caches you have found you could always log caches as you find them on the unit and have a filter active on the unit that only displays unfound caches. I use a 550t but its possible that your unit operates in a similar fashion. Also if you are using a mac remember to empty the trash or they will not be deleted.