Need help with uploading pics in this message board

.Flo.

Hi all! This is not a geocaching question, but I hope it's okay to ask for help here, because it has to do with this forum.

My problem is, that whenever I upload a picture there's just a thumbnail that one can click on, but sometimes even that won't work. Everyone else has large pics embedded directly in their posts. What am I doing wrong? Now in this post that I'm writing right now there isn't even an option to upload a pic.

You don't "upload" photos to these forum posts, you "link" them to the post.

Your photo must already be hosted online -- you cannot upload from your computer. Copy the URL of the (already hosted) photo, click the "Insert Image" icon (it kind of, sort of resembles a photo) in the top-line menu of the reply or post window, paste that URL into the supplied window.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Thanks, that explains the problem! I have uploaded some pics from my computer, but as I've said it's only thumbnails, and when you click on them they become larger (which doesn't always work though). I have no website, I'll try to find a site where you can upload an host photos online!

You don't "upload" photos to these forum posts, you "link" them to the post.

Your photo must already be hosted online -- you cannot upload from your computer. Copy the URL of the (already hosted) photo, click the "Insert Image" icon (it kind of, sort of resembles a photo) in the top-line menu of the reply or post window, paste that URL into the supplied window.

I'll try to find a site where you can upload an host photos online!
When I want to upload an image for this forum, I just upload it to an old cache listing that I never had published. The instructions in this Help Center article should be useful:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=59

You can also upload it to an archived cache, if you have one.

Also, when you have a thumbnail picture you want to upload, open it first and load the URL of the full sized picture. If you upload the thumbnail, all that will upload is the thumbnail.