Reporting TB Thief

#Tenzin

I have a Trackable that went missing some months back.

I have read the logs while my Trackable was in the cache, and I know who took my TB.

Now I have send this pearson a message about how to log a trackable, since at that time they did state "Trackable taken", but didn't log it.

I haven't heared anything back from them and my TB is now "missing".

I have also kept an eye out for this so called "geocacher", I noticed that more times TB are dropped and when he/she visited people note they aren't seen anymore.

Can I report this pearson to Groundspeak?

I have a Trackable that went missing some months back.

I have read the logs while my Trackable was in the cache, and I know who took my TB.

Now I have send this pearson a message about how to log a trackable, since at that time they did state "Trackable taken", but didn't log it.

I haven't heared anything back from them and my TB is now "missing".

I have also kept an eye out for this so called "geocacher", I noticed that more times TB are dropped and when he/she visited people note they aren't seen anymore.

Can I report this pearson to Groundspeak?

Sure.

- But really, what do you think would be done with it.

You will find that, if you go to the Email Portal for contacting Geocaching HQ, you will need to categorize your request.

If your category is "Trackables" then you will see a message pop up explaining how to mark the trackable as missing.

If your category is "Geocacher Dispute" then you will see a message pop up that talks about what Geocaching HQ can and cannot do to assist you. Specifically in regards to trackables, the message says:

Stolen geocaches or trackables: If you suspect that someone has taken your geocache, please contact your local law enforcement. We do not have the resources or authority to intervene in these cases.

Do some research and you'll see that trackables being "stolen" or lost is not the least bit unusual. They disappear all the time. In business, you find inventory shrinkage from shoplifters and employees. It ain't right -- but it is a fact of life and is a cost of doing business. Trackables disappearing is part of the cost of the hobby. Ain't right but it is a fact of life.

Let one out in the wild and hope for the best but don't lose sleep over them when they disappear. If you can't take a philosophical approach to it then maybe trackables is not the game for you.

I just ordered some new tags to release (2 this time).

Now I have to go to the attic to find another old goose toy. *gnif gnif*

Hopefully they will do better then the first goose.

I am not doing to bad in Trackable land.

All my other ones are still traveling.

Just this goose one became my favorite becasue I am in love the countries he wants to go to. :)

Edited by #Tenzin

I send that "cacher" another polite e-mail then asking if they could drop my TB.

I also wanted to add, don't loose hope.

One of my daughter's trackables was picked up by an experienced player.

They were caching and logging regular finds, yet never dropped the trackable off.

After 6 months I sent them a polite e-mail asking them to drop it off somewhere, or even just post it directly to me.

I never heard back, and assumed it was lost, and they didn't want to say anything.

Yet suddenly, almost a year after they picked it up, it appeared again, and has been traveling ever since.

Sometimes they do come back.

I found a cache that someone dumped a bunch of missing TB's in to and re logged them in to the game sadly some owners had left geocaching since. I have to wonder about those who excuse the theft of travel bugs.there is a posting here in the forums of a geoclepto reurning all the TB's they had stolen (hundreds) and people disbursing them back in to the game.

I just ordered some new tags to release (2 this time).

Now I have to go to the attic to find another old goose toy. *gnif gnif*

Hopefully they will do better then the first goose.

Sad news.

It seems to be 1 is already "missing" from a cache after 6,5 km.

I am still hoping it will show up, but chances are getting slimmer. :-(