Any way to make benchmarks show up as geocaches on your unit

gpsblake

I know I can use a program called BMGPX to convert the NGS dat files into a gpx format and load them that way. But I think that just gives me the coords, not the full description. However, I would like to take it a step further and have them show up as geocaches with the BM description. I know I can also load up benchmarks on my old Palm unit that gives full descriptions via Plucker.

I have an old GPS that I would like to use as a dedicated benchmarking unit in the future.

Thanks much.

I know I can use a program called BMGPX to convert the NGS dat files into a gpx format and load them that way. But I think that just gives me the coords, not the full description. However, I would like to take it a step further and have them show up as geocaches with the BM description. I know I can also load up benchmarks on my old Palm unit that gives full descriptions via Plucker.

I have an old GPS that I would like to use as a dedicated benchmarking unit in the future.

Thanks much.

Try my NGS-GPX. Has more features (and it is slightly outdated), but mainly, it will copy the datasheet into the long_description and the recoveries into the short_description fields of the GPX, so as long as your GPSr will read those fields, you're set -

http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/help/index.html

--Me.

Thanks, but that program didn't run right, it would get stuck at on the first benchmark it would try to convert..

I found an old friend, BMGPX which is text based but worked like a charm.

I know have all the benchmarks for the county I want and it shows up as geocaches with full descriptions....

Thanks for your help.

Doing to try to put them in as a Point of Interest, which if so, means I have an almost unlimited amount of space to put in my entire state.