Watching the forums

The Talent

Hi all

Been a while since I posted here. I'm almost done with university for the year so it's possible that you'll see more of me, at least until I start back up next march.

Just wondering, how everyone stays in the loop with the forums? Do you just go onto the website and look at it that way, or have some of you smart cookies figured out a way to put Waymarking forums into its own RSS feed, or newsgroups, or even some other way?

I know you can get the RSS feed for "General Geocaching Discussions", but I don't really care for all of that. Just the Waymarking stuff.

Also, Can you set up a way to get notified when someone replies to your forum post? I've never really done forums before.

Hope all is well, and I haven't missed anything too exciting over the last 6 months.

The Talent

Edited by The Talent

Hi all

Been a while since I posted here. I'm almost done with university for the year so it's possible that you'll see more of me, at least until I start back up next march.

Just wondering, how everyone stays in the loop with the forums? Do you just go onto the website and look at it that way, or have some of you smart cookies figured out a way to put Waymarking forums into its own RSS feed, or newsgroups, or even some other way?

I know you can get the RSS feed for "General Geocaching Discussions", but I don't really care for all of that. Just the Waymarking stuff.

Also, Can you set up a way to get notified when someone replies to your forum post? I've never really done forums before.

Hope all is well, and I haven't missed anything too exciting over the last 6 months.

The Talent

Greetings The Talent.

I don't know about the RSS Feed, but I do know you can "watch" any forum discussion by clicking on the option at the top right of this page (you have to be logged in). If there is a particular forum thread that I want to watch closely, I'll click the Notify Me Immediately option, and an email tells me that so-and-so responded, and what they said.

I scan the Waymarking forum daily to see if anything new is being discussed.