Earth Cache service

Roman!

I graduated high school with honors, went to college, I am a licensed journeyman plumber, I have a degree in computer programming, I've passed a HAGAR aviation test, I have a drivers license and a boat license, I've passed my marriage blood test and helped my wife pass a pregnancy test.

I'm tired of tests, I'm tired of learning, I don't want to answer any more questions.

So, I'll go to GZ of an earthcache, take pictures and I'd love to be able to send that info to a budding entrepreneur that would submit the correct answers to the CO for me.

I'd pay $1.00/earthcache.

Edited by Roman!

I'm tired of tests, I'm tired of learning, I don't want to answer any more questions.

So, I'll go to GZ of an earthcache, take pictures and I'd love to be able to send that info to a budding entrepreneur that would submit the correct answers to the CO for me.

I'm not sure if you are really serious about the $1.00 offer.

I do not think that just taking arbitrary photos without having dealt with the topic of the EC will necessary enable someone else to answer the questions (at least not for many ECs I know).

But what I really wonder about is the following: Why couldn't you either ignore Earthcaches or visit the locations without writing a "found it" log?

Even if such an EC service existed, why is it worth the money for you? For puzzle caches you might argue that without knowing the coordinates you do not know where to go and might miss a nice trip.

But the situation is different for ECs.

Is the +1 in the find count really worth $1.00 for you?

I'm not sure if you are really serious about the $1.00 offer.

Don't worry. He's not.dry.gif

I estimate that it would take half an hour to an hour for someone to read the cache page for a typical Earthcache, review your photographs, and submit the entry to the cache owner. A typical research assistant earns about $30 an hour. A bright high school student should be paid a bit more than minimum wage for that sort of work, say $12 an hour. Either way, $1 per Earthcache is not enough.

I estimate that it would take half an hour to an hour for someone to read the cache page for a typical Earthcache, review your photographs, and submit the entry to the cache owner. A typical research assistant earns about $30 an hour. A bright high school student should be paid a bit more than minimum wage for that sort of work, say $12 an hour. Either way, $1 per Earthcache is not enough.

Clearly, you haven't visited any of the online freelance sites. You could easily find plenty of people that would complete this research and fill out your online log for pennies on the dollar. They may not speak English as a native language, but there are plenty of folks out there looking for this kind of awesome job!

Clearly, you haven't visited any of the online freelance sites. You could easily find plenty of people that would complete this research and fill out your online log for pennies on the dollar. They may not speak English as a native language, but there are plenty of folks out there looking for this kind of awesome job!

Yes, but will they do the job well? Will your logs stand or will they be rejected? I think it's worth the money to make sure the job is done well.

I graduated high school with honors, went to college, I am a licensed journeyman plumber, I have a degree in computer programming, I've passed a HAGAR aviation test, I have a drivers license and a boat license, I've passed my marriage blood test and helped my wife pass a pregnancy test.

Actually I would pay $1 to have someone submit answers for me but now that I'm sober I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing it as IMHO it would be cheating.

As a side note, and I wouldn't do this either as I would consider it cheating as well, what is your (anyone's) opinion on logging earthcaches or virtual at locations you visited either before the cache was present or before you started caching?

Actually I would pay $1 to have someone submit answers for me but now that I'm sober I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing it as IMHO it would be cheating.

As a side note, and I wouldn't do this either as I would consider it cheating as well, what is your (anyone's) opinion on logging earthcaches or virtual at locations you visited either before the cache was present or before you started caching?

I wouldn't do it, and I gently make fun of someone I know who has done it, but whatever. I think that, officially, it's a no-no as far as TPTB are concerned.

Yes, but will they do the job well? Will your logs stand or will they be rejected? I think it's worth the money to make sure the job is done well.

Are there any FB groups out there that may do this for free? I know there are puzzle help groups. :unsure:

I feel so unappreciated now:(
Maybe you should wait until you're sober before posting in the first place, rather than posting when you aren't and then regretting it later.

Computers should have a breathalyzer that locks them down.

Roman, do you only drunk-post here or do you enlighten other forums while under the influence?

B.

Maybe you should wait until you're sober before posting in the first place, rather than posting when you aren't and then regretting it later.

Roman, do you only drunk-post here or do you enlighten other forums while under the influence?

B.

Actually I started in the early dial up days, it was a way to pass the time while the dirty pictures loaded.

Awwwww. It wasn't your chain I was yanking.

Let ya in on a secret: I'm enrolled in an online Genetics course right now and I really am tried of tests.

I'll let you in on a little secret too, and no matter how much you may not believe it I swear it is 100% true.

Although I've been inactive there for a bit, I was, and still am a moderator on one of the largest forums on the internet.

Awwwww. It wasn't your chain I was yanking.

Let ya in on a secret: I'm enrolled in an online Genetics course right now and I really am tried of tests.

I'll let you in on a little secret too, and no matter how much you may not believe it I swear it is 100% true.

Although I've been inactive there for a bit, I was, and still am a moderator on one of the largest forums on the internet.

I'd be more in favor of a dollar surcharge for each off topic post :rolleyes:

Real heologist here. I'msure I'd livebto get into consulting at a certain time and this would be a great occasion to test this. Day rate USD 2000 plus all expenses paid, business class flight to EC location please ( though first would be great). Guaranteed accepted answers. Let me know if you're interested ;)

Gmail used to have a Mail Goggles feature (as part of their Labs). If you tried to send email late at night, then you couldn't send email without answering several arithmetic questions.

It only applied to Gmail, of course. And a quick search indicates that they dropped that feature a couple years ago. (Maybe drunk people were copy-pasting the arithmetic questions into Google, and then copy-pasting the answers back into Gmail.)

Besides, it would probably trigger Roman!'s "tired of tests" angst, and he'd try to pay someone to answer the arithmetic questions.

Ive logged earthcaches without emailing answers by posting pictures of GZ or the general area and have not gotten them deleted yet... I always have that nagging concern that the CO cares... most of the earthcaches around here are placed by a person who has lots of hides and finds and I figured would not care about looking at another email.... its not that the answers are hard but to me geocaching is more about the outdoors and exercise not typing in a long email at GZ on my phone...perhaps Ill become more strict as time goes on. :)

Edited by sholomar