Challenge caches and undue restrictions

Oxford Stone

But a cache can be placed on a space station or at the bottom of the sea where maybe one out of millions can ever get to it. Yes, i know it's a publicity thing and honestly, i don't care that these are out. It's just that it bugs me when i see someone not practice what they preach.

The placement of traditional caches has absolutely nothing to do with challenge caches.

Huh? Take away the challenge and I would suspect that the placement of most challenge *caches* would be indistinguishable from a traditional cache.

NYPaddleCacher makes a good point :)

Huh? Take away the challenge and I would suspect that the placement of most challenge *caches* would be indistinguishable from a traditional cache.

Yes, this is true.

Back to the point at hand, however, traditional geocaches are not, and have never been, subject to any sort of additional approval criteria that requires them to be accessible by a "reasonable" number of geocachers.

i.e. The space station cache and thermal vent cache are permissible as traditionals, but a challenge cache that requires you to find the space station cache and/or the thermal vent cache are likely not.

Man, you are really pushing for this challenge stars idea of yours.

Yeah... sorry about that.

A B C -- A-always B-be C-closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS be closing.

2e11a21e-a60d-49ec-8b38-c95c4e175ba6.png

Meanwhile, I would assign the same statistical probability of implementation of the Challenge Stars feature as any other user-suggested one (even no-brainer winners like the Ghost Trackables one which was even "SUBMITTED").

That probability is so very close to, but not quite zero that it can't be measured with existing technology.

Yes, this is true.

Back to the point at hand, however, traditional geocaches are not, and have never been, subject to any sort of additional approval criteria that requires them to be accessible by a "reasonable" number of geocachers.

i.e. The space station cache and thermal vent cache are permissible as traditionals, but a challenge cache that requires you to find the space station cache and/or the thermal vent cache are likely not.

Undue Restrictions?

State's & Icon Dreams Challenge

Ran across it today in a bookmark on one of my caches.

Requires finding 14 icons in at least twelve different states. The APE Cache icon is included. CO seems to be accepting finds on Mission 9: Tunnel of Light Reclaimed. But that is a traditional! Not an APE cache. There is one APE cache left, but that is undue restrictions to have to travel to Brasil to find it, or Washington to find the fake one.

I did find Crab Creek in Maryland, so if I find a Vertigo, and travel to Texas, I would be qualified. But listing it as a requirement is 'undue restrictions'.

Yes, this is true.

Undue Restrictions?

Requires finding 14 icons in at least twelve different states. The APE Cache icon is included. CO seems to be accepting finds on Mission 9: Tunnel of Light Reclaimed. But that is a traditional! Not an APE cache. There is one APE cache left, but that is undue restrictions to have to travel to Brasil to find it, or Washington to find the fake one.

I did find Crab Creek in Maryland, so if I find a Vertigo, and travel to Texas, I would be qualified. But listing it as a requirement is 'undue restrictions'.

Not really... The last surviving real APE it´s only 250km from where I live! Tell me your name and I´ll sign it for you, even take photo of the log... :ph34r:

Yes, this is true.

Undue Restrictions?

Not really... The last surviving real APE it´s only 250km from where I live! Tell me your name and I´ll sign it for you, even take photo of the log... :ph34r:

For a fee, of course. ;)