Tell us about your first hide!

Pezdude

My first hide was based on the fact that the exact 94th longitude passes right through our property. So I thought I'd find a point where it crosses our fence along the road and place a container there.

We're in a rural area, so it hasn't been found as many times as your GCs in more populated areas. But (so far, anyway) it has never had a DNF. The original container, which was supposed to be made for the weather, literally blew up in someone's hand. But as soon as they logged the NM (for which I was very thankful), I got a different weather-proof container and logged the OM.

Oh yes, and it really is a Little size, not a Micro listed as Little. Although I don't do the swag thing myself, I wanted to allow some room for trinkets in case kids were along for the experience.

Edit: Oh yes, and it has 2 favorites so far. I was glad that GEO*Trailblazer 1 was able to drop by and find the cache before he passed on.

Edited by MountainWoods

Our first hide was place a little over 3 years ago (September 11, 2011) and is still active. My husband built the creative container and I created the story and puzzle for the cache. It is a 4.5 D puzzle and is a Lilo & Stitch themed cache called Experiment 626. It is hidden south of Kansas City in the suburbs of Kansas. We are still very proud of it and have gotten great feedback. It has only been found 38 times in the last 3 years but has 28 favorite points (78%). Not bad for our first hide. The city did do some clean up around the physical cache which was really disappointing since they removed a lot of the natural camo that we used to hide the container. It is still well hidden in an area with absolutely no traffic. Feel free to check out our first hide. GC34NEE: Experiment 626

Edited by SmallsKC

My first hide was placed just over 10 years ago, and it still exists. SQ - Dog Gone Cache is a little multi in an out of the way pet cemetery.

It still gets hunted from time to time, but it has been made harder to solve due to neglect on the part of the owners of the property. Some of the important stones are overgrown with grass. Fortunately the hide is not all that difficult as there are only a couple of obvious possible locations to place a container.

I had only been caching a few months at the time and up to that date my favorite cache was a cemetery multi. That is what led to this one.