What are you doing special for next Monday?

MountainWoods

If you've been Waymarking for over a year and you don't remember, shame on you!

No just kidding. Do you remember what 8 September was declared by the Waymarking Community?

Do you have any special plans for that day?

Unfortunately, I am not yet retired, and it is just a regular working day for me. But maybe I can go do some visiting and data/photo capture on Sunday to post some Waymarks and visits on Monday.

For those who don't know what MountainWoods is referring to (like myself until I did some Googling), it's the unofficial International Waymarking Day.

As for the choice of date, I wholeheartedly support it, because that's my birthday! I still have a bunch of Waymarks I haven't yet submitted from a recent trip, so I'll see if I can submit some of those on Monday. Most of my birthday celebrations will likely be happening this weekend, so I should have time.

I did not have that date in my calender, so I was not aware of it in advance. And it's a normal work-day for me, so no special plans.

But I got my 2500th waymark in Switzerland published today, just a nice coincidence.

Sounds like an excellent way to celebrate National Waymarking Day, to me. Doesn't matter that you hadn't planned on it. Now you have two reasons to celebrate.

I ended up spending half the day in the ER!!

My wife decided to do some driveway patching and found the tube of stuff difficult to open, with a utility knife. But she's OK now. Just stitches. (Looked ugly, though.)

I am sorry about your wife's injury. Glad she is OK, but a difficult time for her.

I had read this thread shortly after your first post and decided that I would see if I could do my first waymark on September 8 in honor of the day, which I did. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the submission process. It gave me a better appreciation for the work of the Waymarking community. I feel humble next to those who have published thousands of waymarks and those who have reviewed them.

I had read this thread shortly after your first post and decided that I would see if I could do my first waymark on September 8 in honor of the day, which I did. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the submission process. It gave me a better appreciation for the work of the Waymarking community. I feel humble next to those who have published thousands of waymarks and those who have reviewed them.

Welcome to Waymarking!

It can be a lot of fun, even more when you get more and more familiar with all those categories and the different ways to play the game.

But sooner or later you will also meet the other side; don't let yourself discourage by unresponsive officers, technical problems and the like!

It turns out I didn't have a lot of spare time yesterday, but I made the effort to submit one Waymark. I had a lot of photos from a recent trip and many categories to pick from, so I decided to do a more rare one and submitted a Knights of Pythias hall. I call it "rare", because the category has been around for quite some time, yet only has 50-something Waymarks.

I posted 6 on the 8th. Four were approved on the 8th and two after midnight.

According to the Waymarking home page - Presently there are 567455 waymarks worldwide, listed in 1078 user-created categories. (Updated 9/9/14)

Is this number correct? I know that I watch my own count, but I don't keep tabs on everyone else. rolleyes.gif

The Geocaching site boasts over 6 million geocachers world wide, I wonder how many Waymarkers there are. (Not to take away from those numbers, am I still counted in that figure?)

I wonder what the first waymark posted on the 8th was. Maybe it should be made a FEATURED WAYMARK.

Happy Belated International Waymarking Day!

Well, adding a new Waymarker to the ranks sounds like a good day to celebrate Waymarking. Thanks for joining us, and good luck. Make your Waymarks as interesting as you can, and you'll do well.