A Pirates Quest.....

the_divepirate

So, here's my situation. I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not sure how realistic they are? I as you can imagine have a Pirates state of mind. With that said, My quest begins with a pirate and mermaid set of troll dolls in a pirates chest filled with some loot. I want it to stay within sight of water so the mermaid can stay hydrated. I Also would like it to travel globally. Is this something that is CRAZY to even think about? Or is it a doable thing?

I'm sure it would need to be a PREMIUM cache. Only for it's safety. Should I attach a puzzle to find it? Or something like that? Any suggestions would be APPRECIATED and ACCEPTED. :smile::laughing:

Edited by the_divepirate

Caches that travel have all been banned now. There are a few still in operation and are grandfathered into the game but no more will be published. Unless the rules change for a day for a laugh. Just an idea oh those that must be rubbed.

But TB's which is how you started your question ... Skies the limit on size and intention or mission. There are hide TB's and small ones. And all those in between. And in fact if you know an astronaut it can even go to space ... so the sky isn't the limit, your imagination is.

One thing I can say with total conviction is that where ever on earth you release it. No matter what dusty corner of the globe you release it in it will, with rapid certainty, end up in Germany. And nothing escapes from there. Ever. It's like "the village". They are Number two an all that.

So then, I get that once a cache is dropped into position it must stay. That is fine, and TOTALLY DOABLE. So I set a treasure chest as a home base and inside it is a log book just like normal and some swag as well. It can have a note in it that states it is the final restin' place of the dive pirate troll and his maiden. All that enter be warned, " Til' dis little mate and his maiden be return'n from there journey, all must be logged in this troubled trove" " If ye be takin' me treasures ye better b returnin' me sum goods. Or de curse of Davey Jones' locker be in yer' horizons!!!" Within that chest be a smaller chest with me travlin' buddy's and the geotag with its quest within' it. and its mission quest. That way the cache would not be moving, the tag and travler's would be. I don't see where that would be any different than the two bears making it around town at the last geocoin event I went to. :shocked:

Edited by the_divepirate

Just know TBs go missing. Generally the cuter/nicer the item attached the faster it goes missing.

I was afraid of that!! Even with it being a premium cache?? Or could you ask to keep it in premium cache sites? Would that help? Or it just a pipe dream to think it could really be that cool??? I do see that some are pretty silly about this. But on the other hand, This is secret spy stuff right??? Well, maybe I'll try something a little more small time. I've also got a couple of jail bird trolls and am thinking about building a small trolley car (get it trolley for a couple of trolls) LOL.... I crack meself up... :laughing: and see if I can get them to hang around train rails and back roads. (old covered bridge type) Part of the mission is to take an action shot of the two of them in front of said feature (IE: an old train station, a covered bridge, maybe sittin' in front of a campfire) things like that. and log it on their site. That way people could see the progress. I could maybe take a couple of shots and beta/trial sites to show what my idea is. I realize this may be risky. But it really sounds like a hoot!! I'd also like post cards of these sites as well if there are cards available sent back here to me to keep a hard copy log of the quest. It may be that the travelers pod (whether it be the trolley or the chest) be kept in the safe possession with the finder? I haven't worked out all the details yet, just brain stormin' so far. You know what they say? No risk? NO REWARD!!! :shocked: Still just planning...

Just know TBs go missing. Generally the cuter/nicer the item attached the faster it goes missing.

I was afraid of that!! Even with it being a premium cache?? Or could you ask to keep it in premium cache sites? Would that help?

You can ask. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Was just thinking that if you paid to play, you might have a touch more respect for the game. That's all. I just think it would bring a whole new meaning to "travel bug" :smile:

Was just thinking that if you paid to play, you might have a touch more respect for the game. That's all. I just think it would bring a whole new meaning to "travel bug" :smile:

To put it bluntly... it doesn't matter what you think, it matters what the bug-holder thinks.

You can trust that there are multitudes out there that don't think as you do. Heck, it seems that some don't "think" at all.

Many don't even read the TB page to have a clue what you think or want. They do what they want... nothing more, nothing less.

To put it bluntly... it doesn't matter what you think, it matters what the bug-holder thinks.

You can trust that there are multitudes out there that don't think as you do. Heck, it seems that some don't "think" at all.

Many don't even read the TB page to have a clue what you think or want. They do what they want... nothing more, nothing less.

I'm getting that as well. I usually think the best of someone until they jack me. At 48, I'm still hoping that humanity and respect for others can make a bounce back. <_< That is why I've been jotting things down as I think of them. That way I have an array of ideas to make a calculated gamble as to letting me treasure hit the open seas'. This is one reason I'm here asking advice/suggestions/experiences for such a Quest to be attempted. Just a couple :blink::blink: 's that I've come up with. Let me know? Too strict? Turn people off?

1: must be 18 or gaurdian

2: Pre traveler coin (for security reasons. Details later....)

3: Next Cacher in line must have personal geotag/sticker/..... (for security reasons. details later...)

Quick snipet.... When next in line finds pre coin (actually a note saying "check trackable #?????? for its where abouts and pick up information". they check, find out who has it, and contacts them. Gives the holder of the travelers their personal tag# so it can be TRULY logged (and verified who last cacher was. Or close anyways)Pick up planned, details discussed, plans talked about I'm sure, and AWAY THEY GO!!!! Off on the leg of the adventure.

I know this sounds a little extreme but if played right, could all be part of the excitement and adventure for us IRL. Maybe a second pirate? First mate as you will. Stuck in the cache with the note. A liaison to the Capt. and martyr if need be to insure safe travels of the Captain and his crew mates. Could go big..... HUGE... Viral... Make youtube videos about the travels of Dive Pirate troll and his beautiful mermaid Cynthian.... LOL Okay... NOW I'M GOING OVER THE TOP!!!!! Or am I???

We'll see. It sounds like fun... :laughing:

I'm getting that as well. I usually think the best of someone until they jack me. At 48, I'm still hoping that humanity and respect for others can make a bounce back. <_< That is why I've been jotting things down as I think of them. That way I have an array of ideas to make a calculated gamble as to letting me treasure hit the open seas'. This is one reason I'm here asking advice/suggestions/experiences for such a Quest to be attempted. Just a couple :blink::blink: 's that I've come up with. Let me know? Too strict? Turn people off?

3: Next Cacher in line must have personal geotag/sticker/..... (for security reasons. details later...)

Quick snipet.... When next in line finds pre coin (actually a note saying "check trackable #?????? for its where abouts and pick up information". they check, find out who has it, and contacts them. Gives the holder of the travelers their personal tag# so it can be TRULY logged (and verified who last cacher was. Or close anyways)Pick up planned, details discussed, plans talked about I'm sure, and AWAY THEY GO!!!! Off on the leg of the adventure.

I know this sounds a little extreme but if played right, could all be part of the excitement and adventure for us IRL. Maybe a second pirate? First mate as you will. Stuck in the cache with the note. A liaison to the Capt. and martyr if need be to insure safe travels of the Captain and his crew mates. Could go big..... HUGE... Viral... Make youtube videos about the travels of Dive Pirate troll and his beautiful mermaid Cynthian.... LOL Okay... NOW I'M GOING OVER THE TOP!!!!! Or am I???

Not sure if you're serious or a troll having fun.

Assuming you're still talking about a trackable, how could you possibly enforce this?

You have no control of a trackable once it's in a cache. You have no control of other's caches.

With so many not bothering to read cache pages, much less trackables pages, even your most well thought out plan could end up with everything separated, the troll somewhere in the desert and the mermaid part of a girl's doll collection (until her head or arms are lost, then, as most swag these days, it might end up in another cache...).

Not sure if you're serious or a troll having fun.

Assuming you're still talking about a trackable, how could you possibly enforce this?

You have no control of a trackable once it's in a cache. You have no control of other's caches.

With so many not bothering to read cache pages, much less trackables pages, even your most well thought out plan could end up with everything separated, the troll somewhere in the desert and the mermaid part of a girl's doll collection (until her head or arms are lost, then, as most swag these days, it might end up in another cache...).

First off, I am a real cacher and not a troll. Just think these little dudes would make perfect lil' travelers.

I also get EXACTLY what you are saying about the misfit doll collection parts in our swag. And I also realize that even the best thought out plan can falter with the onset of one micro bubble. But,,, Like I also said in an earlier post. NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED... :shocked: At some point in time we have to have some faith... :blink: I think with a front runner runnin' interference for the travler's.(bustin' GeoTROLLS) I think if the holders of the travlers conduct a good faith interview with the next in line, and feel comfortable with the travler's next leg in the journey, they bid farewell and the travels continue. If they do not feel comfortable with the next leg? They can opt to refuse right of passage through port. This seems rough, but all in the name/spirit of the quest... Also, again, I feel if played right and hyped right? The real treasure won't be the travlers. It will be being involved in getting them AROUND THE WORLD! And telling the stories of these travels through these trolls and their pictures/logs. One other way to combat the loss of the lil' ones and carrier, is to mandate the next in line have a personal geotag. So the present holder can do a background check. Say, 100 trackable minimum logged before they can even qualify. Now these qualifications will not be known to them so as to make getting back the front runner in case they don't qualify before the meet and greet. :tired: I think I may try the jail birds first. :anibad:

Are you telling me this is NOT achievable? :shocked: I'm so out!!! :angry: Just kiddin' :anibad:

Edited by the_divepirate

Good luck with the plans but you can't control who finds it and what they do with it and when they do it.

I have one that has a tag attached with goals explained. It went northeast instead of southwest for a time. It then went due west to Michigan and then to Texas which got it most of the way to Arizona (goal was London Bridge in Lake Havasu City AR and then to London Ky). Cacher picked it up and said he would move it on and promptly took it back to Michigan (picture since shows the tag is still attached). It disappeared from that cache with the CO marking it as missing after someone posting it wasn't there. It recently was picked up in that same cache (?) and the guy said he would move it to London Ky while on his way to Atlanta. Only problem is it still hasn't made it to Arizona. Without reading the logs he doesn't know that and with all the visit logs that's a lot of wading to find out so I can't say as I blame him.

Point is, your trackable is at the mercy of the people who find them and there is no way to guarantee that finders are going to actually do what you want. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Try it and hope for the best -- but don't be surprised if it doesn't work like you planned.