Ulster Souvenir

Phil100

I suspect it's because GC45CC was at Carnanmore in Ulster in August when you logged several YOSMs

This shouldn't happen though because GC45CC is on Moun10bike's 'Caches Excluded from Souvenirs and Statistics' list....

Perhaps it's only excluded from stats and not Souvenirs

Mark

I suspect it's because GC45CC was at Carnanmore in Ulster in August when you logged several YOSMs

This shouldn't happen though because GC45CC is on Moun10bike's 'Caches Excluded from Souvenirs and Statistics' list....

Perhaps it's only excluded from stats and not Souvenirs

Mark

I've found GC45CC too, and it didn't give me a souvenir when it was in Ulster.

I'd guess that means it's definitely excluded from souvenirs, otherwise there's a whole lot of us that would have got it.

I've found GC45CC too, and it didn't give me a souvenir when it was in Ulster.

I'd guess that means it's definitely excluded from souvenirs, otherwise there's a whole lot of us that would have got it.

No it doesn't!

You logged a find on GC45CC in October 2013 when the cache page co-ordinates were in Northamptonshire.

Phill100's finds were while the cache page co-ords were in Northern Ireland

My theory still holds B)

Now your options are:

Go and find a cache in Ulster, so you have the souvenir for real.

Go to your stats and use the 'Hide' function, so the souvenir doesn't show.

:)

As it happens, I am intending to try the first option! :rolleyes: I am travelling to Belfast a week on Monday and will be in Northern Ireland for three nights so, unless I have the most disastrous "caching trip" ever, I should qualify for the souvenir!!

I think that the Carnanmore YOSM theory is almost certainly right - I had forgotten that the YOSM had been in Northern Ireland. I did once before have a similar situation when I had Germany show on my profile before I had ever been there. It was because I had "found" the now archived GCKTK0 Fast Forward - Such den Bulli which was a "moving cache" originally placed in Germany.

Now your options are:

Go and find a cache in Ulster, so you have the souvenir for real.

Go to your stats and use the 'Hide' function, so the souvenir doesn't show.

:)

As it happens, I am intending to try the first option! :rolleyes: I am travelling to Belfast a week on Monday and will be in Northern Ireland for three nights so, unless I have the most disastrous "caching trip" ever, I should qualify for the souvenir!!

I think that the Carnanmore YOSM theory is almost certainly right - I had forgotten that the YOSM had been in Northern Ireland. I did once before have a similar situation when I had Germany show on my profile before I had ever been there. It was because I had "found" the now archived GCKTK0 Fast Forward - Such den Bulli which was a "moving cache" originally placed in Germany.

It's fixed now! I've returned from a trip to Ireland and "ticked off" all six counties in the North so I now qualify for the souvenir!! :blink:

Good work that man! I've only been to Belfast but would love to go back 'on tour' and see more of a very pretty, friendly country, through caching.

I have a caching trip to Ireland booked for next April.

I'm going to drive around and see the country, and I want to make sure I get GC43 plus all 5 souvenirs. :)

Mark

This is good to know. I live in Calgary, not far from outforthehunt and I've been very lucky to live near so many of his caches, including the Alberta equivalent of YOSM, GC43F3 the Brass Cap (BCP) Cache. I've known about the YOSM for quite a while so when I found out I will have a 20 hour layover next month, I knew I had to get this cache. I hadn't considered the souvenir aspect though as the BCP points are all in Alberta so fall under one souvenir. I guess I'll just have to hide whichever one I earn until I can legitimately claim it.

Happy caching!

I hadn't considered the souvenir aspect though as the BCP points are all in Alberta so fall under one souvenir. I guess I'll just have to hide whichever one I earn until I can legitimately claim it.

Well if you're going to go for the YOSM in Northern Ireland then you'll almost certainly be going within a mile of a traditional cache, so you could probably pick one up with little effort to keep the souvenir "legitimate".

I hadn't considered the souvenir aspect though as the BCP points are all in Alberta so fall under one souvenir. I guess I'll just have to hide whichever one I earn until I can legitimately claim it.

Well if you're going to go for the YOSM in Northern Ireland then you'll almost certainly be going within a mile of a traditional cache, so you could probably pick one up with little effort to keep the souvenir "legitimate".

As YOSMs are virtuals which move around it may well be that you wouldn't "earn" a souvenir. If you want a Northern Ireland souvenir I would suggest that you follow MartyBartfast's suggestion of getting a nearby traditional.