Customize Statistics Page

RnCsleuths

I have seen on statistics pages of other members, maps of each state including the counties. The counties in which caches were found were indicated on the state map. How can I get individual state maps on my Statistics page?

Is it in their statistics page, or in their profiles page?

If you use GSAK, or http://www.project-gc.com, you can generate the HTML for a huge, customizable statistics page (affectionately known as FindStatGen after the GSAK macro) and paste it into your profile page.

Just to add : once you have the HTML, you need to paste it into your Profile Details.

Go to your profile page, click on View Your Account Details (right column), then click on "Change" in the Profile Details box. Or just click on the link below to go directly there (assuming you're logged in to the site) :

http://www.geocaching.com/account/editprofiledetails.aspx

Running the macro in GSAK is the most flexible, but it only works in Windows and is moderately involved. If you want to go that route, do a search in the forums here, or check the excellent GSAK forums over at http://gsak.net

Just to add : once you have the HTML, you need to paste it into your Profile Details.

Go to your profile page, click on View Your Account Details (right column), then click on "Change" in the Profile Details box. Or just click on the link below to go directly there (assuming you're logged in to the site) :

http://www.geocachin...iledetails.aspx

Running the macro in GSAK is the most flexible, but it only works in Windows and is moderately involved. If you want to go that route, do a search in the forums here, or check the excellent GSAK forums over at http://gsak.net

I've been using GSAK and the FindStatsGen macro for many years and like how it works, just tried switching to project-gc. The profile stats page has button that will generate a small amount of HTML the links to a dynamically generated image. You don't have to cut-in-paste html into your profile every time your stats change (I typically would do it about once a month).

The FInd/Owner stats are mostly the same as from FSG with some additions (elevation lists/charts, attributes collected...), and it also display separate tabs for Maps, Souvenirs, Badges, and Milestones. The maps are significantly superior to the maps on the GS statistics page and quite a bit better than the FSG generated maps as well.

I've been using GSAK and the FindStatsGen macro for many years and like how it works, just tried switching to project-gc. The profile stats page has button that will generate a small amount of HTML the links to a dynamically generated image. You don't have to cut-in-paste html into your profile every time your stats change (I typically would do it about once a month).

The FInd/Owner stats are mostly the same as from FSG with some additions (elevation lists/charts, attributes collected...), and it also display separate tabs for Maps, Souvenirs, Badges, and Milestones. The maps are significantly superior to the maps on the GS statistics page and quite a bit better than the FSG generated maps as well.

I'm very impressed with project-gc as well. I definitely like the county maps much better. FSG does allow you to customize the layout, choose what panels to display, and (if you're really hard-core about it) edit the code to either change the behavior of certain stats, or to add entirely new ones (though I can't think of a single stat that I want to add that is not already covered).

Thank you for the help. I have been playing around with MyGeocachingProfile.com. I can't seem to get the stats to update to the Statistics page. You can only see them in Profile preview...not the best idea. I have downloaded GSAK and the macro...both work well once you get the link correct for the data. Love the variety of maps and ability to customize what is seen as well as the ability to see the data lines easily. Hopefully, tomorrow all of my data will appear on this site. Also, worked with project-pc.com, which yesterday, also, did not load all of my finds, 43 of 90...as you can see I am new at this...however, this morning all data was in and I thought the tabs were easy to use. I have now found a couple more challenges...deLorme I especially like. I will continue to compare and contrast and decide which to load to my profile. Thank you for all of your wisdom and quick responses. Wouldn't it be great if GC.com would take a look at the stats generated by these companies and include choices for us on their site?