"Geocoins near your home location" Map

PWyckie

The Geocoins near your home location map never shows my home location. It randomly shows a large city somewhere in the world, and geocoins are shown. However, when you zoom out, geocoins at other locations don't load. Is there a way to get this map to show my home location? Or is this a premium member feature? I hid a trackable this morning and was curious to see it on the map, if possible.

Yep, the coordinates of my home location are set in GC. Map still shows Dublin, NYC, Chicago, London, or some other world city, and only geocoins in that particular city. When Panning and zooming the USA, or anywhere else, no geocoins load on the map.

Edited by PWyckie

The Geocoins near your home location map never shows my home location. It randomly shows a large city somewhere in the world, and geocoins are shown. However, when you zoom out, geocoins at other locations don't load. Is there a way to get this map to show my home location? Or is this a premium member feature? I hid a trackable this morning and was curious to see it on the map, if possible.

Assume that this feature does not work at all. This saves a lot of time. :anibad:

It works, but it is not one of the "immediate update" features. Let's just say it is "lackadaisical", at best, going for months at a time without showing any change.

Panning around with the map, I don't believe has ever worked!

Double-check to make sure your home location is properly filed here under Your Location: http://www.geocaching.com/account/

If properly entered, your home (or whatever location you entered) coordinates should always default into the search window @ geocaching.com opening page.

As I mentioned, I've double checked my home location. My home location is always in the search window @ geocaching.com's opening page, but I always (still) get some random city on the "geocoins near your home location" map. It would be fun to be able to try to locate trackables nearby.