Have lots of question about selling old geocoins!

jerandjana

Hello everybody!

My husband and I were into geocaching from 2005-2008ish and my husband bough HUNDREDS of geocoins that he liked. Our favorites we activated but just put in a collectors book. We do have lots of unactivated ones though. I think it's time to sell them though and would like advice. I know it used to be taboo to sell them on Ebay but it looks like the rules have changed a little since I was last on here. I can't even find most of the ones we own for sale because they are so old and rare like:

United we cache

Which one today top

International bank of cachers credit card geocoin

Original Jeep geocoins

I know we have some pretty awesome stuff but where do I start to find their value?

Also, I'm guessing the activated ones wouldn't go for as much so should I even bother selling those? I know they can be adopted but does that detract from their value? Thanks for any and all help!

Yes, in most cases coins that are activated will lose some of their value unless they are exceptionally desirable coins. How much they will lose will depend on the coin. Some I've seen go for (average) 50-70% of unactivated value.

E-place is strange, imo. One week a coin can go for $25 and the same coin the following week or month for an opening $9 bid, or no bid at all. Like any 'auction', depends on who shows up to bid.

Good luck with the sale.

I just went through them all with my husband and I think he decided to keep more than originally planned but we still have some awesome ones. Just deciding how to sell them off.

So............. we have the full set (8) UNACTIVATED THX4TC Jeep geocoins. They are all different colors and one of our favorites. I can't ever find them for sale. Should I put them up for sale in one lot or individually?

I just went through them all with my husband and I think he decided to keep more than originally planned but we still have some awesome ones. Just deciding how to sell them off.

So............. we have the full set (8) UNACTIVATED THX4TC Jeep geocoins. They are all different colors and one of our favorites. I can't ever find them for sale. Should I put them up for sale in one lot or individually?

It may be more work but I think you would get more in total if you sell them individually. Speaking personally I could probably afford one or maybe two but no way could I afford to buy all 8 at once.

It may be more work but I think you would get more in total if you sell them individually. Speaking personally I could probably afford one or maybe two but no way could I afford to buy all 8 at once.

I tend to agree that it would be more work but more people would want to buy 1 or 2 than the whole lot. More people would benefit too if I broke them up.

I tend to agree that it would be more work but more people would want to buy 1 or 2 than the whole lot. More people would benefit too if I broke them up.

Looks like a decision in your future. Yes, more coiners would benefit if broken up. Total benefit to you? Try a 'set' price or ask for 'set' offers, maybe listing a minimum to avoid ridiculous offers. Give it a set time period. If you don't get a satisfactory price for the set, then you can piece them out. Postage is much cheaper for a set. Keep in mind, postage to areas outside the USA has gone insane. Make sure you find out what it will cost if you agree to ship anything outside the USA, including Canada.

Reason for the 'set' first ... you can always say 'no' to low set price offers. Once you sell ONE, you no longer have the benefit of a set, which can be really hard to find even with recent coins.