Cubism

No category for Cubist architecture ? I was surprised. I am not into architecture but this sounds to me like a relevant style and perhaps it should have a category of its own. Not much thrilled with the idea of creating it as I am really ignorant in architecture but perhaps someone should pick the idea... ?

I am neither into architecture much, but after a short web research I came to the conclusion that Cubism simply is not considered an archtectural style, with the noteable exception of the Czech Republic, especially Prague. For the rest of the world, there are architects who have been influenced by the art style Cubism, but they are usually listed under other styles that often have a Waymarking category.

Dear Torgut,

I added Cubism into Art-Nouveau/Art-Deco architecture category as a subcategory couple months ago - so You can post your waymarks there. Cubist architecture is really rare - nice examples are in our country, especially in Prague and Hradec Králové.

Here are the most notable examples:

WMM0H8

WMM0H0

WMKXW2

WMKXVX

WMKXV5

WMKXV2

WMKXV9

Edited by Dorcadion Team

I think the six or seven major architectural categories cover the styles most non-architects are familiar with, but I agree that there should be a space for other styles. Maybe a Miscellaneous type category that could include Cubism, Beaux Arts, Neoclassical, etc.? Though I may be missing a relevant category.

I'm preparing several architectural style categories - one of them is the Romanesque architecture, the second will be devoted to the Revival styles (neo-Romanesque, neo-Gothic, neo-Renaissance and neo-Baroque) and the last to Classicism, Neo-Classicism ane Empire (these styles are slightly differently defined in Anglo-American and continental Europe cultural areas, but generally spoken we can put them all into one bigger category with subcategories).

Edited by Dorcadion Team