Download multiple cartridges?

Kacher82

I have a question about the possibility of downloading multiple cartridges with one click. Is there a way to do this, similar to a pocket query or something? I made a pq of all the Wherigo caches in Minnesota and Iowa, which resulted in 75 caches. I would like to download all the cartridges for them to my computer, so I would have them if I decide to play one. It looks like a lot of work to get them all individually. I can do it, but I thought if I could get them all at once, it would be easier.

No way, that I'm aware of.

That's what I was afraid of.

Read in a recent thread, not Groundspeak, some GPS units can only handle a certain number of Wherigo's, before 'some' don't show on the unit...

I use the WhereYouGo app on my phone. I don't know if it has limits or not. I mainly want to at least have them on my computer so I could quickly transfer the file if I want to.

If GS was continuing to develop Wherigo, this would be one option I would support.

No way, that I'm aware of.

Read in a recent thread, not Groundspeak, some GPS units can only handle a certain number of Wherigo's, before 'some' don't show on the unit...

Found the comment!

Oregon 300

The limit appears to be 25, I had 30 and hadn't noticed some were not displaying.

As I mentioned it here, seems sensible to post it here!

I don't even allow you to create pocket queries for the Wherigo Foundation site. The thought of allowing you to download a 200MB file makes me cringe. You figure a 1,000 geocache pocket query compresses close to 1MB. That translates to one cache per kilobyte. Compare that 1KB size to a small cartridge's 200KB and cartridge with sound's upper end of 10,000KB. This is the danger of allowing Wherigo pocket queries.

I do, however, have a related feature on the site. I call it a "Download Queue" for use with Wherigo API-enabled apps. On the cartridge listing page, you can add a cartridge to your queue by clicking on the option in the box to the right. That's all you have to do. Just launch your Wherigo player app and it should check your queue. If it finds something there, it'll begin downloading it. This feature is 100% complete on both the site and API. Now, if I wanted to, I could create a pocket query that adds a bunch of cartridges to your download queue. I'm still not too keen about these gargantuan downloads, though.

All this is well and good, but since the WF site isn't the official Wherigo listing service, none of the player apps currently use the Wherigo API.