Becoming a GeoLeech!

JPreto

I think that it is perfectly fine to discuss whether cachers who find have an "obligation" to hide. If we could discuss that calmly, it would be an interesting discussion. Unfortunately, Preto's initial post makes that extremely difficult. He fouled the well by calling those who don't hide GeoLeeches. Namecalling is a classic bullying technique.

So what name shall we give the described practice then, so that the interesting discussion can continue calmly?

Why don't we call it... GEOCACHING?

Touche`!

I think that it is perfectly fine to discuss whether cachers who find have an "obligation" to hide. If we could discuss that calmly, it would be an interesting discussion. Unfortunately, Preto's initial post makes that extremely difficult. He fouled the well by calling those who don't hide GeoLeeches. Namecalling is a classic bullying technique.

So what name shall we give the described practice then, so that the interesting discussion can continue calmly?

You want to refer to people who don't hide geocaches as... GEOCACHING?

Could lead to some confusion... sounds like fun... sure - go right ahead - good luck with it :unsure:

You want to refer to people who don't hide geocaches as... GEOCACHING?

Could lead to some confusion... sounds like fun... sure - go right ahead - good luck with it :unsure:

We should refer to the act of finding geocaches as geocaching. There is no need to come up with a separate term to describe something people aren't doing, or haven't done. Do you find geocaches? Yes? You're a geocacher. The end.

Also, as has been pointed out many, many, many times...those who hide caches out of some percieved pressure will do the bare minimum to get a cache published. Almost never any creativity and often the cache ends up totally abandoned by its owner. It's not surprising, since they're not interesting in owning a cache, only in placing a cache.

This could equally be said of many, many, many caches though - not just those arising out of some perceived pressure.

I sometimes wonder if there's some kind of perceived status generated by hiding lots of caches. I struggle to think of any other reason why people continue to place new caches even as their existing caches are archived by the reviewers for non-maintenance.

Do we really need a name for it? I do not think that we will be able to come up with someful meaningful as JPreto does not only have those in mind that have not hidden a cache, but those who currently own no active caches (this is implied by the fact that he has hidden more than 140 caches and considers to become what he calls a geoleech by archiving all his caches).

So even people who owned and maintained many caches and then moved recenty (or moved to a very cache dense area) or became unable to maintain their caches for other reasons and archived the caches or adopted them out will fall into the category JPreto talks about. Moreover, an additional complication comes from the fact that there are cachers who use different accounts for hiding or work in teams and so it would be hard to judge anyway if someone has contributed to the cache hiding process.

While I think that hiding and maintaining a cache/several caches can be a valuable experience for a geocacher, I do not place a high value on numbers. If someone has taken care of 10 caches for a few years and archived them later and currently is not owning any active caches, I do not think that this person has provided a smaller service to the community than someone who currently owns 10 active caches.

I don't mind the word GeoLeech, since I first associated it with a cacher who sucks out all fun/energy of CO's by offending/demotivating them (stealing, TFTC-logs, not treat caches properly, placing lousy caches etc. etc). To me GeoLeeches are those who suck out the fun for others and therefor they can be CO's as well, because CO's who dump uninteresting caches, do no maintenance etc. give a bad example to newbies and this leads to other lousy caches, which on their turn have their negative effects on other caches and CO's.

Please note that your definition of a "GeoLeech" is much narrower than JPreto's definition:

- a geocacher that only searches for geocaches and doesn´t own a active cache listing, in a specific moment. This doesn´t exclude geocachers that help the community or in any other way help the geocaching game.

- a geocacher that is placing FOUND IT logs when he has no active geocache listings.

JPreto's definition includes those geocachers who help clean up after events, share their adventures via blogs, mentor new cachers, collect trash while hiking trails, and contribute to the geocaching community in dozens of other ways.

JPreto's definition includes new geocachers who haven't yet hidden caches and busy geocachers who opt not to create lousy caches.

JPreto's definition includes cachers in highly saturated urban areas as well as cachers where hides are less dense.

I don't mind the word GeoLeech, since I first associated it with a cacher who sucks out all fun/energy of CO's by offending/demotivating them (stealing, TFTC-logs, not treat caches properly, placing lousy caches etc. etc). To me GeoLeeches are those who suck out the fun for others and therefor they can be CO's as well, because CO's who dump uninteresting caches, do no maintenance etc. give a bad example to newbies and this leads to other lousy caches, which on their turn have their negative effects on other caches and CO's.

Please note that your definition of a "GeoLeech" is much narrower than JPreto's definition:

I know, but since people reacted so negatively on the word GeoLeech instead of on the real issues the topic starter has to deals with. I wanted to use this specific word in a way it is a less offensive or at least more understandable from both a cacher's and CO's view.

Because the real issue of the topic starter is that being a CO isn't as fun to him anymore. So if you'd adapt the definition of what a GeoLeech is towards the cause of this lack of fun, it would be more logical (and therefore acceptable) to use the word leech.

Now I'm just curious what the topic starter thinks of this adjusted "definition" of a GeoLeech!

Now I'm just curious what the topic starter thinks of this adjusted "definition" of a GeoLeech!

That was not my intention of the usage of that term. As I tried to explain before the term was an adaptation of what happens in the file sharing community. This term is used for people that have more Downloads than they have Uploads.

Interesting how the replies in this topic are more about the word (geo)leech than about the essence of the topic: the CO notices his motivation for placing new caches is gone, and with that the motivation for maintaining the ones he has is gone as well.

Thanks for understanding this... If I could change the title, the word "geoleech" and the definition I would...

TITLE: "Thinking about leaving my CO boots in the closet"

WORD: No word, just mentioning what were my feeling about it.

DEFINITION: No definition, just mentioning on the possibility of archiving all my caches.

Maybe with these 3 changes the topic would be in the subject I meant it to be... and not about the usage of a word.

Edited by JPreto

This is a game. You must enjoy it. Take a deep breath. Relax. Forget the forums and arguing with dogmatic mind for a couple of months. Go outdoors to find some caches. Log them as honestly as you can. And let people use their own honestity.

If someone uses to put throwdowns it will be known as a throwdowner. If someone cheats it will be know as a cheater. If someone acts reasonably it will be known as a reasonable person.

I already (tried to) educate my sons, no way anyone can educate other people by using a forum! :rolleyes:

Enjoy it ... or you will not get any joy.

There is a definition for what you are feeling... and almost everyone of us will feel once or twice during our geocaching time: Burnout.

When I saw your “2014 Good Deeds” later last year… that you wanted to hide a new cache every single day of the year, I thought “Worthy to watch… but.”

We have 190 Hides (some 30 were given in adoption), placed randomly for the last 7 years. You have around 140… in 5 months!?

What you are feeling is totally normal.

Sometimes the community does not react the way we expect to, sometimes our expectations were too high, sometimes you get approval, sometimes not.

The best way to react against Burnout, is to play only on the measure of ourselves… only until we feel pleasure on it.

When we lose pleasure in hiding, searching or both, we stop… for a while. Because don’t believe that anyone can leave the geocaching forever

One shining morning, the urge to go out, find an amazing spot/story will hit you… and there you go, forgetting the reason that you stop to play on the first time.

We have to play because we love to, not because we need to educate the other geocachers, or to give the example… or anything about everybody else. Just us.

I used to think like that also… those that only search for caches, are like parasites… but not any more.

I recall a conversation years ago with someone, on one of our weekly gatherings in Lisbon. He ask me to go with him, everytime he run to a new FTF. I said that what I was realy addicted to, was to read a new log on our caches… at that time, he don’t have any placed… yet.

Today he wins every ranking… using all sort of ways to achieve what he wants. Lately, he archived many of hes caches, just to publish new ones on the exact spot… doubling the number… more than 1000 now. Many very good, with lots of Favs, but also many PT with almost none interest. Yes… I think that I created a “monster”… but by the end of the day, what every geocacher does, is his one will… not ours.

By the way… I’m not a PT fan, but I agree that they contribute to the geocaching the same way that other approaches.

Take a rest… or not, the geocaching will continue around, and so the community, waiting for you.

The same community that you often complaint about on the topics you create or enter, the community that wish to embrace you without remarks.

A community that take so good care of the rarest cache in the world, for 14 years, cannot be so bad.

We have to play because we love to, not because we need to educate the other geocachers, or to give the example… or anything about everybody else. Just us.

This person really has a double personality problem...

It is the same BRAZILIAN FORUM MODERADOR that in another topic was accusing me of lying and being dishonest... Now he comes here, with his geocaching name (not is Forum Moderator name "Rui de Almeida") and be all sensible and understanding and full of...

Come on man, you cannot please greeks and trojans, take a stand and stop using different accounts according to your needs! :huh:

It is the same BRAZILIAN FORUM MODERADOR that in another topic was accusing me of lying and being dishonest... Now he comes here, with his geocaching name (not is Forum Moderator name "Rui de Almeida") and be all sensible and understanding and full of...

Come on man, you cannot please greeks and trojans, take a stand and stop using different accounts according to your needs! :huh:

There is nothing wrong with moderators posting in the forum under their personal accounts. In fact, I much prefer that a moderator/reviewer posts their personal opinions under their personal account and their 'official' positions under moderator/reviewer accounts. It makes for clearer communication and a better understanding of what is policy and what is opinion.

It should also be noted that his advice was very good. If you feel burned out, take a step back.

Edited by sbell111

if you can physically find a cache you can hide a cache.

Just because you can hide a cache, doesn't mean you can maintain one. some people are not in one place long enough to take care of a cache. Military personnel...

I would beg to differ on this one. We've been on active duty in the Army since we started and have hidden 149 caches since 2007. That's over the course of four moves: Germany, Virginia, Alabama, and Oklahoma. Each time we've moved, we have arranged for local cachers to help us maintain a handful of caches that they wanted to keep going, gathered up the rest and archived the listings, and then moved on to the next assignment and started over. I've also tried to develop more earthcaches, as they don't require replacing.

There is absolutely nothing stopping my brothers and sisters in arms from hiding caches, and many do. We just need to have an exit strategy when we hide 'em.

It is not impossible for some active military to hide caches, though I don't think hiding caches someone else takes care of is good. Archive or adopt them when you move. (but that's for another forum thread.) However, if there was Geocaching when I was in the Navy, there is no way I would hide a cache. (That was more then 45 years ago, no caching then anyway.) I'm a firm believer in "if I can't maintain it I won't hide it". Going out to sea for 6 months or more on a regular basis, and never knowing when you will go out on shorter cruises would have prevented me from hiding.

3) The personal logs are much less common that the "TFTC" or "Another one" logs;

Can you observe any difference between those of your caches that lead to a special location and those that are hidden there because they

need to be hidden somewhere or because bikes are available there? I looked at some of your cache descriptions and was astonished to encounter

so many times these two reasons you provide yourself for the "why?".

I looked around on the cache map of Sao Paolo and I realized that there exist many, many caches belonging to some series.

This certainly increases the trend to short and non personal logs. For the bike cache series it could well be that even I who typically writes long logs

could not think of much to write. It does not seem to be easy at first sight to use geocaching to get an impression of Sao Paolo as a tourist.

You argue that you write your logs in English due to the many tourists but somehow caches that show around the tourists seem to be missing.

Look for example at the multi caches of Deep Buti in Barcelona. Such caches tend to get longer and more personal logs because it's more than running from one micro to the

next.

Do not get me wrong: I do not want to criticize your caches (I do not know them and anyone has one's own preferences). I just wanted to address the issue that series of micro caches

with the same text typically get many lame logs even from cachers who write very nice logs for caches that were special.

4) Other players don´t respect the guidelines, they actually try to bend them more then they try to follow them.

That happens all around the world that some geocachers do not care about certain guidelines. However something it appears to me that you put more importance to this than would be necessary.

Someone else already wrote that he applies a stricter view when it regards his own caches than caches hidden by others. Some of the guidelines are important for Groundspeak, but necessarily for the

activity of geocaching. If someone defaces an object, this will harm geocaching in the long run. If some mentions Coca Cola in the cache description, this is not really something I get angry about and

would never contact a reviewer about such issues.

Cezanne

It should also be noted that his advice was very good. If you feel burned out, take a step back.

Just to put a timeline into things:

July 2008 - First cache ever found as a muggle in Portugal

Ago 2013 - Started officially geocaching in Brazil

Jan 2014 - Placed my first cache with the goal of placing one per day

May 2014 - Placed my last cache

So you really feel it is a burnout case?

And between May and August this year, when I didn´t place any cache, I burned out?

If my attitude was made in a rush and I did this in May, maybe it could be that... but after 3 months?

The problem, as I mention before, is that several attitudes from local geocachers really make me feel unwilling to place more caches and maintain them for other geocachers.

After the last comments of the Forum Moderator "Rui de Almeida" or in his geocaching name "Kelux" really made me realize that it is not worth it so, I archived all my 141 caches.

Edited by JPreto

...I tried to go to some meetings in the beginning.

1st - They said I shouldn´t write my logs in English and that I should at least write in Portuguese and English. I explained that since most geocachers in Brazil are foreigners/tourists (300 Brazilians to around 600 tourists per year) and most cache descriptions were only in Portuguese, this was a way the help them and I didn´t want to write my logs in both languages, like I did in my own geocaches.

2nd - In one of the cases, probably the one that most local geocachers criticize me, was the archival of a TB Hotel in the most famous park of São Paulo. The listing was approved and after approval 2 names were added as a hint. I went to visit the cache and it was inside a cafeteria and the 2 names where from the owners that you should ask them to give you the cache. I explained this to the reviewers and the cache was later archived. Fact is, a couple of months before the listing was approved this subject came out on the table of that cafeteria and I mentioned that if they submitted the listing it would not be approved because it would be against the guidelines.

So yes, I tried talking to them in many ways... They don´t like DNFs, they say less geocachers would visit a cache if a DNF is placed and they hate maintenance requests because it forces them to visit the cache. Some have caches 600km-800km from where they live and they can´t do proper maintenance.

It was mentioned in one of the other JPreto discussions: there appears to be a Wild West mentality in the Brazilian geocaching community. That is, to them, anything goes. If that's the case, it isn't surprising that a guideline-stickler like JPreto runs into so many issues. I'm not sure how such a mentality could be changed...

If someone defaces an object, this will harm geocaching in the long run.

Something like this: http://coord.info/GC2KRK8

Look at the hint "Between the roots, find a discrete G" and the spoiler picture, the "G" carved on the tree.

Cache still active! Defacing?!?!?!

Are you sure it was the cache hider that carved the "G"? I'm not familiar with the type of tree or what its wood looks like, but the carving in the photo doesn't look very fresh to me. The timestamp on the photo is from soon after the cache was published, so if the hider had done the carving, presumably it would look more fresh. Maybe someone else had already carved the "G" and the hider simply chose to use that as a hint? Were there any other initials carved in that tree? Did you look? If there were, it's much more likely that a muggle was carving an initial into the tree than a geocacher making a hint. It isn't uncommon for muggles to carve initials into a tree, especially if someone has already done so before them.

That cache is four years old. I honestly don't know much about trees and certainly even less about South American trees, but it's reasonable to me that it was carved in the tree four years ago. The question is whether a cache should be archived because someone carved a G in the root of a tree four years ago that obviously didn't harm the tree in any way.

Would it be appropriate for a reviewer to tell the guy that this is against the guidelines and to please not do it again? Sure. Why not?

Should the cache be archived over the issue? I don't think so. After all, what would archival solve? Not a thing, in my opinion. Someone could simply place another cache in the same location and get it listed. That new cache would certainly meet the current guidelines.

That cache is four years old. I honestly don't know much about trees and certainly even less about South American trees, but it's reasonable to me that it was carved in the tree four years ago. The question is whether a cache should be archived because someone carved a G in the root of a tree four years ago that obviously didn't harm the tree in any way.

Would it be appropriate for a reviewer to tell the guy that this is against the guidelines and to please not do it again? Sure. Why not?

Should the cache be archived over the issue? I don't think so. After all, what would archival solve? Not a thing, in my opinion. Someone could simply place another cache in the same location and get it listed. That new cache would certainly meet the current guidelines.

It is great that you feel like that... Really shows how local geocachers from where I geocache think! And by the way I have more caches like this from the same player...

Can´t you think that a n00b will think when he sees this cache, with that hint, and the "G" carved on the tree? I´m sure we will not think about copying the idea at all... right?

http://coord.info/GLE22833

Think again...

Are you sure it was the cache hider that carved the "G"? I'm not familiar with the type of tree or what its wood looks like, but the carving in the photo doesn't look very fresh to me. The timestamp on the photo is from soon after the cache was published, so if the hider had done the carving, presumably it would look more fresh. Maybe someone else had already carved the "G" and the hider simply chose to use that as a hint? Were there any other initials carved in that tree? Did you look? If there were, it's much more likely that a muggle was carving an initial into the tree than a geocacher making a hint. It isn't uncommon for muggles to carve initials into a tree, especially if someone has already done so before them.

For me it doesn´t matter if the CO did it himself or not... He could have chosen other places than the spot where the "G" is carved. But he choose that one!

If it wasn´t a "G", that is the first letter of both the word Groundspeak and also GeoCaching, but if it was an "H".

Maybe the "H" was there for a reason that you don´t even know, like the name of his mother... I would still feel that that cache shouldn´t be there because you are relating a human made marking on a tree with the game that you play.

I don´t think that this type of placement references are good examples for the future geocachers that might think that the letter was placed by the CO and not that the CO found the letter there years before the cache was placed. With so many places to put a cache, why choose that one where the tree was marked?

Can you understand my point of view?

So yes, I tried talking to them in many ways... They don´t like DNFs, they say less geocachers would visit a cache if a DNF is placed and they hate maintenance requests because it forces them to visit the cache. Some have caches 600km-800km from where they live and they can´t do proper maintenance.

It was mentioned in one of the other JPreto discussions: there appears to be a Wild West mentality in the Brazilian geocaching community... I'm not sure how such a mentality could be changed...

Dunno, maybe they should be encouraged to spend some quality time on the forum while "at work". :lol:

It was mentioned in one of the other JPreto discussions: there appears to be a Wild West mentality in the Brazilian geocaching community... I'm not sure how such a mentality could be changed...

Dunno, maybe they should be encouraged to spend some quality time on the forum while "at work". :lol:

:unsure::ph34r:

Shhh, don't tell anyone...

Can´t you think that a n00b will think when he sees this cache, with that hint, and the "G" carved on the tree? I´m sure we will not think about copying the idea at all... right?

I have not been at that location, but I have come across numerous caches where reading off the letters of inscriptions on trees (which have been left much before the respective caches got hidden) is part of the caches. I have never ever encountered a cache where the cache owner carved new marks into a tree. So using existing carvings as stage information or hints is apparently not very likely to encourage newcomers to think that geocachers placed this information.

Even if you have concerns that the G was carved into the tree for the purpose of the cache (which I'm not about at all), another way to deal with this would first to try to contact the cache owner and ask whether the letter has been there before and if so whether this could be mentioned in the cache description.

I would not have an issue to choose a hideout which is marked by a year old carving (anyone can recognize that) - this way one can give a very nice hint and the cache is easy to find which reduces search damages and disturbances of fauna and flora - something positive in my mind.

Now we have both ends of the spectrum. I'll go a little right of center on this one and say that finding without ever hiding is a little selfish, and the more you find without hiding, the more selfish it becomes.

(Note that this is not directed at anyone who has posted in this thread, I haven't even bothered looking at how many finds or hides y'all have, nor do I really care all that much.)

I can't make someone hide a cache. (I sure as heck don't want to see the result if hiding was mandatory.) And I'm going to keep hiding caches regardless of the actions of others, because I enjoy it and want to give back to the game. But in a game where one must depend on the voluntary acts of others who hide caches in order to play, I'll just say that it'd be nice if more people volunteered.

Edited by hzoi

Now we have both ends of the spectrum. I'll go a little right of center on this one and say that finding without ever hiding is a little selfish, and the more you find without hiding, the more selfish it becomes.

(Note that this is not directed at anyone who has posted in this thread, I haven't even bothered looking at how many finds or hides y'all have, nor do I really care all that much.)

I can't make someone hide a cache. (I sure as heck don't want to see the result if hiding was mandatory.) And I'm going to keep hiding caches regardless of the actions of others, because I enjoy it and want to give back to the game. But in a game where one must depend on the voluntary acts of others who hide caches in order to play, I'll just say that it'd be nice if more people volunteered.

For the record I have a few over 2200 finds and one hide (an event back in 2005). Maybe I'm selfish. I'd still rather not hide a cache than hide something that would be a struggle to maintain, only to then watch it fall into disrepair and archive it. I'd rather not hide a cache than hide something people are unlikely to enjoy. If I'm going to hide a cache I'd rather make it something bigger than a film pot, which immediately rules out the vast majority of possible hiding spots in my area, and if I'm hiding it further from home the chances increase that I won't be able to maintain it.

If hiding was mandatory then the result would be a tidal wave of lame caches just to tick the box. If hiding was not mandatory but "socially expected" you'd get the exact same thing.

I've been told since this is post #3500 for me, I should say something profound, so here goes:

We have limited time on this earth. One day, possibly sooner than you think, you will die.

Stop getting wrapped up in who's right and who's wrong. 1000 years from now, they'll still be trying to figure it out.

Think of something you've always wanted to do and go do it.

Go out and live!

That would make a boring forum. :anibad:

Okay, so then go watch professional wrestling on TV! :rolleyes:

What's the matter with professional wrestling? :ph34r:

Wait, people actually care about this?

You see, some people have lives that interfere for whatever reason so they can't maintain geocaches. I suspect those agonizing over others not doing so are lacking their own.

Yes, they care intensely about it. The needle on the angst-meter is hitting the top - & I'm hitting the trails!

I've been told since this is post #3500 for me, I should say something profound, so here goes:

We have limited time on this earth. One day, possibly sooner than you think, you will die.

Stop getting wrapped up in who's right and who's wrong. 1000 years from now, they'll still be trying to figure it out.

Think of something you've always wanted to do and go do it.

Go out and live!

That would make a boring forum. :anibad:

Okay, so then go watch professional wrestling on TV! :rolleyes:

What's the matter with professional wrestling? :ph34r:

Nothing. In fact, this very thread, where we are standing this minute, at times resembled a pro wrestling match.

The prior posts (60, 61 & 62) suggest burnout as the diagnosis. Your post here shows you're on fire. Any thoughts?

The prior posts (60, 61 & 62) suggest burnout as the diagnosis. Your post here shows you're on fire. Any thoughts?

He really did archive all his caches. Taking this stuff way too seriously.

Are you asking me?

I thought I explained it couldn´t be a burnout (a burnout doesn´t appear 3 months after you actually burnout) but "just" disappointment with the actions made by the local community...

By the way, found something interesting, looking back at the logs from the events I participated:

http://coord.info/GLD6ET9A

January this year... I show my concerns about local geocachers not maintaining their caches... just curious no?

If I took it too seriously I would complain and complain and complain to the highest command...

As I am not taking it too serious I just archived all caches, problem solved... They cannot steal more caches, at least mines!

I wish you could understand Portuguese and be able to read some posts in the Brazilian forum... In one of the latest, the now famous Brazilian Forum Moderator "Rui de Almeida" tells me not to start topics that refer to the same subjects that are/were discussed in another language Forum.

So now I must also learn other languages (different from Portuguese) not to repeat the same matters being discussed there in the Brazilian Forum, written in Portuguese. :blink:

If I took it too seriously I would complain and complain and complain to the highest command...

As I am not taking it too serious I just archived all caches, problem solved... They cannot steal more caches, at least mines!

I wish you could understand Portuguese and be able to read some posts in the Brazilian forum... In one of the latest, the now famous Brazilian Forum Moderator "Rui de Almeida" tells me not to start topics that refer to the same subjects that are/were discussed in another language Forum.

So now I must also learn other languages (different from Portuguese) not to repeat the same matters being discussed there in the Brazilian Forum, written in Portuguese. :blink:

Gotta chill, man, even if your gripes are legit. It's bad for your health.

Are you asking me?

I thought I explained it couldn´t be a burnout (a burnout doesn´t appear 3 months after you actually burnout) but "just" disappointment with the actions made by the local community...

By the way, found something interesting, looking back at the logs from the events I participated:

http://coord.info/GLD6ET9A

January this year... I show my concerns about local geocachers not maintaining their caches... just curious no?

Just curious about what? It shows that you have been on the same kick since early on, that's all.

It certainly is bad form to start the same thread in multiple parts of a forum. If you wanted to discuss the issue in that sub forum, you could have started the thread over there.

Responsible geocache ownership isn't for everyone. Some people cache lots because they travel lots so they can't consistently respond to cache maintenance issues. Some people cache very sporadically. Some people are simply not very creative types or don't want to deal with the stresses sometimes associated with COing.

We don't seem to have a shortage of hides in most areas.

Preto, talk to the Reviewer over a beer. All of you guys want peace in Brazil. He can help patch things up & revive your archived caches.

The reviewers are 8.000km away, remember?

Am I the only one who calculated that out to a bit under five miles?

Google seems to disagree with you by a few miles - about 4,965

There's a difference betwenn a comma and a period. Just sayin'.

Preto, talk to the Reviewer over a beer. All of you guys want peace in Brazil. He can help patch things up & revive your archived caches.

The reviewers are 8.000km away, remember?

Am I the only one who calculated that out to a bit under five miles?

Google seems to disagree with you by a few miles - about 4,965

There's a difference betwenn a comma and a period. Just sayin'.

Also between metric and imperial system. We use , for decimals and . for thousands...

Just saying!