Logs after users "Last visit" ?

Moose Family

Hi there,

on the search for a probably lost TB I noticed a user who shows a "Last visit" in year 2013 on the profile page and has logged caches in 2014.

How is this possible?

Even the use of an app should be recognized as "logged in" also, shouldn't it?

Regards,

Michael

Hi there,

on the search for a probably lost TB I noticed a user who shows a "Last visit" in year 2013 on the profile page and has logged caches in 2014.

How is this possible?

Regards,

Michael

I don't think so. I believe that the 'last visit' date is the date that someone actually went to GC.com and logged in.

If they now use an app and never enter the site, the "last visit" will be the last date they logged in.

Many never log into the site. See it more with new folks just using the app.

Unvalidated emails, (I guess) due to never logging in is an issue with a few a while now.

- No way to contact 'em (though if they ever did at one time, that email may work).

Edited by cerberus1

Hi there,

How is this possible?

Regards,

Michael

Any use or visit to the site by use of the Groundspeak Api (Phone app, GSAK, etc.) is not recorded on the site as a visit/use of the site..

Thank you all for clarifying this.

Not what I want to here, but I will have a look where I can make a feature request for a field like "Last used GC" or so ;)

This would make something easier to interpret.

There is a request for "mandatory email validation" in the Website forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=307436

I don't think that the problem with "last visit" can be resolved easily.

B.

One more illustration why I delete all visit logs of my trackables.

I cannot see any connection to this topic which is not about trackables at all.

Among 100 logs for trackables I create there might be 1-2 visit logs on purpose that really make sense.

I agree with cezanne. "visit" logs for trackables, although they can get out of hand, have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

I've seen "visited" logs for trackables posted by long-time members and it has nothing to do with the "last visited" function.

B.