Unpublished caches

camnpete

You can just leave them be. Geocaching.com occasionally does "housecleaning" and archives caches that remain unpublished for some period of time. This has occurred recently enough, as within the last year. You can always access it and use it for other things -- such as online photo storage -- for one.

No matter what you do, however, those cache ID numbers will forever be linked to your account. Once issued to that account, they are part of the account history. Archiving them will stop the "reminders" that pop up from time-to-time.

You could re-use the number for another cache (not archiving it). Simple enough to just re-write (edit) the entire thing and use it.

As above, you'll need to either archive or re-write them as new caches.

I had exactly this issue as I had an unpublished cache which I just wanted to delete...but couldn't seem to find a way.

It sat in my profile for months and I was resigned to the fact it would probably be there irritating me forever, until a few days ago when the lightbulb flickered on and I thought ARCHIVE!

Yep, did the trick and it's now gone :)

BC

As above, you'll need to either archive or re-write them as new caches.

I had exactly this issue as I had an unpublished cache which I just wanted to delete...but couldn't seem to find a way.

It sat in my profile for months and I was resigned to the fact it would probably be there irritating me forever, until a few days ago when the lightbulb flickered on and I thought ARCHIVE!

Yep, did the trick and it's now gone :)

BC

I archived them and that did the trick. Thanks!

You can just leave them be. Geocaching.com occasionally does "housecleaning" and archives caches that remain unpublished for some period of time. This has occurred recently enough, as within the last year. You can always access it and use it for other things -- such as online photo storage -- for one.

No matter what you do, however, those cache ID numbers will forever be linked to your account. Once issued to that account, they are part of the account history. Archiving them will stop the "reminders" that pop up from time-to-time.

You could re-use the number for another cache (not archiving it). Simple enough to just re-write (edit) the entire thing and use it.

I archived them and that did the trick. Thanks!