Your GPS Devices lists are a MESS

red_razor23

As a new user, the lists of phones are deplorably up-kept. I have a Galaxy S4 i9505, which as a 2 year old phone isn't even on the list for Samsung. And in particular Samsung's list of phones is littered with duplicates, and phones that are midgrade ancient phones that are so obsolete that it's a collection of museum devices, not valid technology persons carry in their pockets. Make this editable. And if you wont make it editable, then connect your database to PhoneArena, or some legitimate company that has an extensive database of current phones.

As a new user, the lists of phones are deplorably up-kept. I have a Galaxy S4 i9505, which as a 2 year old phone isn't even on the list for Samsung. And in particular Samsung's list of phones is littered with duplicates, and phones that are midgrade ancient phones that are so obsolete that it's a collection of museum devices, not valid technology persons carry in their pockets. Make this editable. And if you wont make it editable, then connect your database to PhoneArena, or some legitimate company that has an extensive database of current phones.

The list has no real purpose today.

It was supposed to go the way of the dodo and eventually it too will be amongst the missing. :)

Edited by cerberus1

So you want them to keep a list of thousands of devices for no real reason? It's not government......

They created the list, so they should be prepared to maintain it; or alternatively, having said they're gonna get rid of it they should do so. How many times does this subject come up needlessly, when all thats required is to get rid of the damned list....

So you want them to keep a list of thousands of devices for no real reason? It's not government......

They created the list, so they should be prepared to maintain it; or alternatively, having said they're gonna get rid of it they should do so. How many times does this subject come up needlessly, when all thats required is to get rid of the damned list....

Agreed.

- So how does telling T.D.M.22 what many of us already know help?

It appeared (to me) he was simply responding to an equally rude first poster in kind. :)

Agreed.

- So how does telling T.D.M.22 what many of us already know help?

It appeared (to me) he was simply responding to an equally rude first poster in kind. :)

I didn't think the first poster was rude. If there's a list of devices it's not unreasonable to expect it to be at least vaguely up to date. It's not as if he's complaining that the new phone that only hit the market this morning isn't on the list already.

It looks like just another thing on the site that may have held grand promises at some point but has become meaningless, so really they need to either keep it up to date or get rid of it. There was a time when people could review their devices but now geocaching seems more like a smartphone game than a GPS game that's rather pointless.