Challenge Caches - pre-signing of logs

If pre signing a challenge cache logbook before completing the challenge is acceptable, does that mean we can log a found it on the cache on the international space station as we want to visit it one day?

The thread is about visiting the cache location, finding the physical cache and pre-signing the physical log before the criteria for challenge was completed. Logging a found it via the web site or smartphone app is a different issue.

If pre signing a challenge cache logbook before completing the challenge is acceptable, does that mean we can log a found it on the cache on the international space station as we want to visit it one day?

*facepalm*

This does open a new can of worms for another thread about signing a logbook before a cache is published--rather, before the cache was placed at the actual coordinates, say, in your buddy's kitchen the day before they put it under that lamp skirt down the street. <_<

Edited by NeverSummer

*facepalm*

This does open a new can of worms for another thread about signing a logbook before a cache is published--rather, before the cache was placed at the actual coordinates, say, in your buddy's kitchen the day before they put it under that lamp skirt down the street. <_<

That is the one sematic I would support from the FTF (publish) thread. The cache should be placed in the wild, with the intent for to be found/published (not necessarily in that order).

What about those cachers who complete challenges without having any intention of signing the physical challenge cache log?

No the correct procedure would be to post a note indicating you plan to qualify for the find some day. No one has ever said you can claim a find on the challenge before you qualify.

Sorry. But I don't understand your logic at all. Posting just a *note* for *signed*/unqualified challenge, to me, is totally different from what you said, posting a *Found It* log for a *unsigned* cache.

It is pretty clear-cut that a traditional cache Found It that is accompanied by a signature in the physical log is legit, and deletion by the CO can be reversed on appeal to TPTB.

I am wondering if those same protections are offered to other log types.

Question for those powers: can a CO delete a Note that is also backed up by a signature? If the signer appealed, would the note be reinstated as a Found It would be?

It is pretty clear-cut that a traditional cache Found It that is accompanied by a signature in the physical log is legit, and deletion by the CO can be reversed on appeal to TPTB.

Question for those powers: can a CO delete a Note that is also backed up by a signature? If the signer appealed, would the note be reinstated as a Found It would be?

I had a note deleted on a challenge cache I found and signed but had not yet completed and although I never understood the reasoning I never considered trying to get the log reinstated.

Edited by Roman!

I had a note deleted on a challenge cache I found and signed but had not yet completed and although I never understood the reasoning I never considered trying to get the log reinstated.

In the name of science, would you consider asking to have the log re-instated?

I'm not seeing any response here from a reviewer (if they can, in fact, re-instate logs) so you are my only hope.