gps etrex 20

More info needed...

HOW do you load it? Send to GPS or Pocket Queries?

Using an SDcard or no?

Those "more" that you downloaded, how far away are they? Near or more than 50 miles distant?

How is it that you "see" the geocaches -- on the map screen or in the geocache list?

Available memory? Your computer can tell you how much memory space is available on the unit/card.

That unit is supposed to hold something like 2,000 caches (I think).

More info needed...

Using an SDcard or no?

Those "more" that you downloaded, how far away are they? Near or more than 50 miles distant?

How is it that you "see" the geocaches -- on the map screen or in the geocache list?

Available memory? Your computer can tell you how much memory space is available on the unit/card.

I'm loading these using "Send to GPS". All of the items I've downloaded are within 10 miles. I see this in my geocache list. When I check my memory there is plenty of room. The memory is supposed to hold 5000 caches.

More info needed...

Using an SDcard or no?

I'm loading these using "Send to GPS". All of the items I've downloaded are within 10 miles. I see this in my geocache list. When I check my memory there is plenty of room. The memory is supposed to hold 5000 caches.

Pocket Queries are your friend, here. One GPX file with up to 1000 caches.

More info needed...

Using an SDcard or no?

Pocket Queries are your friend, here. One GPX file with up to 1000 caches.

Thank you. I'll give Pocket Queries a try. We're going to be going no vacation and I wanted to be able to load the list before we head out.

A big hint on using PQs is to submit it without marking a day to run. This gives you preview list immediately on screen and also allows you to view the results on the map but does not count toward your daily limit. When you are happy with the results of the PQ, mark the day you want it to run and resubmit it.

I've got my PQ and it's zipped. How do I get this onto my GPS device?

Any standard unzipping utility will, well, unzip it. It contains 2 .gpx files. As you did with the download single cache method, plug your GPS into your computer and copy/paste the two files to the :/garmin/gpx folder on the GPS.

Doesn't really explain the problem you saw initially, though if PQs work, then it is a moot point. With 17 individual GPX files with 1 cache each, all within 10 miles of where you are using the GPS receiver, they should all be visible. You may want to check the map to see if the caches are visible on the map.

Doesn't really explain the problem you saw initially, though if PQs work, then it is a moot point. With 17 individual GPX files with 1 cache each, all within 10 miles of where you are using the GPS receiver, they should all be visible. You may want to check the map to see if the caches are visible on the map.

I'll have to test the map and see if I see all 17 there. I'd have to undo the PQs I've got set up and retest, I'll do that this weekend when I've got some time. I'm learning as I go here.