Whats wrong with my postcode

lurcher

Can anyone tell what format the Wherigo website accepts as a valid postcode! I've tried looking for cartridges via the website on my pc and Android phone and my uk postcode keeps getting rejected. This means I have to enter country which lists many links to pages and pages of cartridges which are impossible to effectively search through on my phone or pc.

Given how easy it is to find caches on the main Groundspeak site why is this so difficult! Am I missing something obvious here? I would just like to be able to easily access Wherigo caches in my local area.

I'm using my Android phone as my GPS device which is why I would like to be able to browse to and download cartridges on my phone.

Thanks for any advice

Cheers

Chris

I believe it only accepts postcodes in the United States.

I think it's so difficult to find cartridges on the Wherigo site because they intended to improve the search functionality after the site was launched. This probably included a way to view cartridges on a map.

If we can ever switch over to the Wherigo Foundation site, its API will allow you to do everything on your phone (e.g. search, download, view, log, upload, unlock, upload photos, play test, view a map of cartridges, etc.). Until Groundspeak begins making a move to acknowledge the Wherigo Foundation group, we're hesitant to put in all the work and time needed to add API functionality to the player apps. The WF site and API, at least, are 100% complete with regard to the examples I gave.