Souvenirs page customizing

Bigmada

A lot would be improved if the US state souvenirs can be clumped together - perhaps by prefixing every state name with "US - "? Same thing for the other regions. Ability to arrange is nice, but not easy to implement and most people probably won't bother.

Maybe a hidden and internal sort order field so that related souvenirs are clumped together, instead of sorting by souvenir display name?

A lot would be improved if the US state souvenirs can be clumped together - perhaps by prefixing every state name with "US - "? Same thing for the other regions. Ability to arrange is nice, but not easy to implement and most people probably won't bother.

Maybe a hidden and internal sort order field so that related souvenirs are clumped together, instead of sorting by souvenir display name?

I've suggested the same in the past. Group by type first (region based souvenirs, event based, date based) then sort by name or acquired date.

I've suggested the same in the past. Group by type first (region based souvenirs, event based, date based) then sort by name or acquired date.

Yes, changing the names to be more meaningfull would help, but I still would like to be able to arange them myself.

All US states start with "US - ", all Canadian Provinces start with "CAN - ", all international geocaching day souveniers start with "International Geocaching Day - ". These sorts of name changes would have a huge benefit, and would be very easy to implement.

Yes, changing the names to be more meaningfull would help, but I still would like to be able to arange them myself.

All US states start with "US - ", all Canadian Provinces start with "CAN - ", all international geocaching day souveniers start with "International Geocaching Day - ". These sorts of name changes would have a huge benefit, and would be very easy to implement.

I still prefer to group them by type first so I don't get France,then Geocaching HQ, then International Geocaching Day, then Italy, followed by Japan, Leap Day 2012, then Netherlands. Prefixing State/Province and other regions with countries (German States, Austrailian States/Territories) with a three letter country prefix makes sense though. The problem with allowing end user sorting is that they'd have to persist the sort order for every user and that would take development and storage resources. Creating a list of different types, then using a standard naming convention (i.e. US- for states, CAN- for provinces) would group all the souvenirs nicely. Displaying 3-4 lists of souvenirs (1 list for each type) doesn't only would require a small amount of addtional code then displaying 1 long list.

1 hour ago, geo-tek said:

so how do we sort souvenirs?

Via the geocaching.com website?  You can't sort them.

The ability to sort souvenirs has been mentioned in several forum posts over the years. Some threads from more recent years include: