blooper reel.....

So, the other day I head out for a quick cache. I find the cache and head back to the car for the signing of the log. I'm in the car signing the log and what happens? The freakin' sprinklers come on. :anibad: Dang it!!!!! So I try and wait them out, but I have a trifecta I'm trying to achieve here dangit!!!! :angry: So I get out, head back over to GZ and end up getting soaked putting it back. Thank goodness it's summer and it was a nice day (evening really) Just thought some might get a giggle out of this story. Needless to say I missed the trifecta. I think a troll has come across a local cache. It says it's an easy and from the site it should be. I just think as open as this site is, many muggle eyes can be gazing on GZ. :( For this reason, MANY :ph34r: moves need to be exercised here. Would probably make a better NC. Less activity.

Howdy......

Always bring your writing thing with you.

Then you will not have that problem.

Vern / Foothills Drifter...

It says many eyes are on GZ. In those cases I like to sign away from GZ (like at the car), so I leave my writing thing there.

And let's not forget an umbrella to deal with sprinklers.

Edited by wmpastor

I carry my writing thingy (or, as I like to call it, my pen) with me most of the the time. This site is at a wide open intersection. Would look kinda silly sitting there rolling out a log and signing it........... all while in the open intersection. And the sprinklers? Let's just say, they could use some tuning! Unless of course they are trying to water the street. <_<

Edited by the_divepirate

What is "the trifecta" ?

A trifecta is just a term used for three. It's actually a bet you make in dog/horse racing picking the top three. I was merely making mention of this in the fact that I was looking to find three cache that night. That's all. :laughing:

Thanks. Was thinking that it was a local challenge (find 3 night caches on the fourth Thursday of the month on a cloudy night with a full moon) or something similar.

What is "the trifecta" ?

A trifecta is just a term used for three. It's actually a bet you make in dog/horse racing picking the top three. I was merely making mention of this in the fact that I was looking to find three cache that night. That's all. :laughing:

Thanks. Was thinking that it was a local challenge (find 3 night caches on the fourth Thursday of the month on a cloudy night with a full moon) or something similar.

<_< <_< <_< That makes me thinks....

Edited by the_divepirate

What is "the trifecta" ?

<_< <_< <_< That makes me thinks....

Edited by tango501

Howdy......

Always bring your writing thing with you.

Then you will not have that problem.

Vern / Foothills Drifter...

It says many eyes are on GZ. In those cases I like to sign away from GZ (like at the car), so I leave my writing thing there.

And let's not forget an umbrella to deal with sprinklers.

:rolleyes:

You mocking my sound advice??

:rolleyes::o

Just the other day I went to one where it was safer (for the cache) for me to sign in the car. My car usually has an umbrella, so I was prepared for sprinklers too! :grin:

I just thought it would be kinda cool as a geocacher just "getting started" to see what others did as newbies. That way they could have some type of idea what the extreme sides of caching were. Maybe a time you were SO INVOLVED that a muggle could have just muggled you and left you there for not. Or maybe a time you hiked in to a cool cache and forgot your "writing thingy" in the car. LOL (I'm totally just funnin' Pastor) Stuff like that. This is/was one of the first places a newbie looks. But that's alright. Another thing that might be a little easier for the newbie to find is the list descriptions and acronyms is. So they can understand things like

GZ=Ground zero

TN=Took nothing

LN=Left nothing

SL=Signed log

Because seeing TNLNSL was like jibberish code to me in the beginning.

One blooper that comes to mind is the day we were hiking for about 3 miles along a heavily wooded trail when Mr. Z noticed his car keys were not in his pocket. Thinking they had fallen out of his pocket, we retraced our steps hoping to spot the keys. No such luck. We ran out of drinking water on this hot, humid day because we were out longer than anticipated. We returned to the car expecting to have to call for help, only to find the car unlocked and the keys on the floor behind the driver's seat. It was a good thing there was no other cars in the parking lot because someone could have driven off with our car. :o