Premium membership in the UK

SidAndBob

Somehow my premium membership has lapsed. I received no reminder in any form. Is this normal?

I remember from way back that GC.com said they would never increase membership fees from $30 providing membership didn't lapse. I was very disappointed to see I am being asked for £24.99, which is $41.69 at the current exchange rate.

Is this correct? Is this what everyone in the UK has to pay now?

Somehow my premium membership has lapsed. I received no reminder in any form. Is this normal?

I remember from way back that GC.com said they would never increase membership fees from $30 providing membership didn't lapse. I was very disappointed to see I am being asked for £24.99, which is $41.69 at the current exchange rate.

Is this correct? Is this what everyone in the UK has to pay now?

Yes to the price, it now includes VAT, a currency conversion charge, and a bit of extra to pay for the coffee round at GS HQ. This applies to all EU members. Those members who are still automatically renewing still get it at the $30 rate, but once the renewal is interrupted you go onto the new rate - looks like you just got unlucky :huh: . There are ways to get it for $30 if you jump through a few hoops to make the system think you're not in the EU, I'll leave the ethics of that dilema to your conscience :rolleyes:

It's been discussed in other forums....

If you've got a LOT of time to spare, chaper and verse can be found here:

http://forums.Ground...howtopic=309954

Thanks MartyBartfast. I kinda guessed two ways that might work. The first one worked, so I didn't have to wait for my Geocaching friend in Florida to wake up.:lol:

It's all just left a bit of a sour taste.

I understand why you are peeved but have you compared with annual cost of any other activity subs? most annual subs are higher - I am OAP on limited income but I think annual cost worth the fun and info I get. you could be just a member and do the hard work yourself for "nowt"

I understand why you are peeved but have you compared with annual cost of any other activity subs? most annual subs are higher - I am OAP on limited income but I think annual cost worth the fun and info I get.

I can't argue with this. But would add, that although I am not an OAP myself, £8 is a lot to me. In the few years I have been caching Groundspeak have implemented a number of things in a half arsed fashion, paying for premium membership is just one more, and so I was quite happy to recently save that amount from the current UK price through one of the many loopholes they have left open.