Garmin GPSMAP 62S

Hi, Newbie and technophobe from Newcastle!!

Well after getting well and truly hooked on GC'ing we went and bought a Garmin GPS 62S. We have a few teething problems that I cant find an answer for and hoping the gurus can help!!

Problem 1: When I zoom in to the 5m scale, my map disappears and I get a white screen with what I can only describe as a corrupt image (like the old loading screen of colours on an Amiga or Spectrum computer! The position arrow and scale are normal! (Forgot to say, the map is Discoverer 1:50,000 Full country that I got free, so if there is a better FREE download Im all ears!!)

Question 1: Is there a quick way to add Caches to my GPS other than clicking on the right hand side of each one and clicking write to GPS. I tried downloading all the selected files (on the left of the cache screen) but my computer says they are an unknown format and I cant find the files or where I drag them to on the GPS. Yes I am a technophobe and therefore useless with anything more modern than a typewriter!

Thanks!GeocacheScrnSht_zpsc3eb7acb.png

Edited by Callerton7

Question 1:

Certainly... there is an easier way.

It is called Pocket Queries: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=118

Also, a great tutorial directly from your side of the pond: http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/files/paperless_garmin.pdf

Pocket Queries (PQ) are one of the greatest benefits of Premium Membership. Learn 'em and use 'em.

Load anywhere from 1 to 1,000 caches in a single shot.

----------

Problem 1:

I am unable to address your map problem. Have not experienced it.