Using a GPS Montana600 and iMac

Hughie250

There is no "set up" on the Montana, just turn it on, let it find satellites, done. If you don't know how to get caches into it, it's pretty easy. Run a pocket query, connect the device to the Mac using the USB. The Garmin will launch on the desktop. Open the email with the PQ, put the file on the desktop. Open the Garmin folder, drag and drop the PQ into the GPX folder

There is no "set up" on the Montana, just turn it on, let it find satellites, done. If you don't know how to get caches into it, it's pretty easy. Run a pocket query, connect the device to the Mac using the USB. The Garmin will launch on the desktop. Open the email with the PQ, put the file on the desktop. Open the Garmin folder, drag and drop the PQ into the GPX folder

Thank-you Toil & Trouble for the advice. I was able to find a geocache near where I live. Added a few items to this traditional cache signed the log book and cleaned up the area while walking back to my vehicle. A little CITO never hurts.

I do not have a map on my Garmin Montana 650. But used the map from the write up.

Check this out

http://garminmontanagpsr.wikispaces.com/,

It will help you understand your Montana, loads of free maps online that will make your caching easier. If you should need assistance to load maps or anything else there is lots of information in the forum. One thing to note a lot of users get caught by the deleting of caches from the gps when using imacs. The answer is to empty the trash.