Search / Pocket quirys

Ken479

Hello brothers and sisters,

I'm wondering if there is a way to search for or run a pocket query on caches that have not been found for more than six months. Please let me know if it is possible and how.

I know I can search by difficulty rating but that's not exactly what I'm after.

Thanks in advance.

Ken479

You would need a third-party software program, like GSAK and others, to filter caches in that manner. That would be the automated way. The manual method would be to go to your profile page and click the "Search for Geocaches > Filter Out Finds" to bring up a list of caches near you. On that page, click the "Last Found" header (twice?) to sort. The oldest unfound caches will be listed first, and you could build a bookmark list for those to make a PQ, or download individually. If you're doing this for a "Lonely Cache" challenge, keep in mind that one find on one of these caches by someone else can mess up the whole manual approach.

Hope this helps.

I was wondering if project-gc would be able to help with this. I don't use gsak, and haven't explored project-gc enough to fully understand its capabilities.

I've recently become interested in "lonely caches" after discovering that we've found a few of them. I don't even know if there is a Lonely Cache Challenge near us, but I've started a bookmark list to gather the info.

B.

You would need a third-party software program, like GSAK and others, to filter caches in that manner. That would be the automated way. The manual method would be to go to your profile page and click the "Search for Geocaches > Filter Out Finds" to bring up a list of caches near you. On that page, click the "Last Found" header (twice?) to sort. The oldest unfound caches will be listed first, and you could build a bookmark list for those to make a PQ, or download individually. If you're doing this for a "Lonely Cache" challenge, keep in mind that one find on one of these caches by someone else can mess up the whole manual approach.

Hope this helps.

If you don't want to install GSAK and import gpx files then this page on ProjectGC works well for searching countries/region/area. There are extra filters to allow you to give centre location and search radius but some of them may be premium features.

The ProjectGC database isn't always completely up to date but it's close enough for this sort of search as you can then go in and check logs on individual caches

Edited by duncanhoyle