Access to Queries on Iphone

nvh28uk

Having paid 12 mth subscription $30 to geocaching.com have now succeeded in creating pocket enquiry but I am unable to access this on my iphone in a way that I can then easily navigate to it. I can view it on the web, and see the map but then there is no way of navigating to it.

I have read about creating offline queries but my iphone still has on the intro version of the ap, and does not seem to have the ... menu button which the help guide relates to.

I see from threads people are talking about having to make 2 subscriptions??

What is this all about - I took out this subscription to be able to do this on my iphone so any help welcomed please.

The intro app is just that - an intro app that is extremely limited. Premium membership is a separate purchase that does not automatically upgrade the app. In order to use pocket queries you will have to use an app that supports gpx files. The full (paid) Groundspeak app will do this, but there are other alternatives that many of us like better. I use Geosphere. There are free versions of geobucket or looking4cache.

The gpx file from pocket queries could also be loaded into several offline mapping programs, but that would not give you full cache information.

Edited by geodarts

Do the ap's to navigate Groundspeak, geosphere, geobucket and looking4cache all have an annual fee if you buy full version or is it a 1 off?

All the paid apps are a one time fee. The third party apps, however, use the Groundspeak API (geocaching live) that has significant restrictions unless you are a premium member. Premium members have access to the full cache information on any type of cache - either through a live search or by importing pocket queries. Basic members are limited to three detailed caches a day - although the API provides coordinates and basic information to search for up to 6000 traditional caches a day.

The Groundspeak app gives greater flexibility for basic members since it supports all cache types and paperless caching. The other apps have great features, but work best with premium membership.

Edited by geodarts

Do the ap's to navigate Groundspeak, geosphere, geobucket and looking4cache all have an annual fee if you buy full version or is it a 1 off?

All the apps are a one-time purchase. To get the best experience, you need to purchase the app of your choice (one-time) and also purchase Premium Membership ($30 per year).

Another minor note: buy the app once, and it's on your profile, even if you change your phone. Just download it again. (wording above implied you might have to buy it again if you change phones)

Definitely recommend upgrading from the INTRO geocaching app, either to the full app or another 3rd party app (like Geosphere) if you really want to make use of pocket queries on mobile.